Evo won't charge over USB cable

redhawk24

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Whenever I plug in my Evo to my computer using my USB cable, it acts like it's charging and asks me to enable mass storage. However, no matter which option I choose, it stops charging within 5 seconds.

FWIW, I am running the latest stable version of Cyanogenmod, and I have tried 2 different cables, including a new one that I just received in the mail today. I have also tried on 2 different computers, using USB ports that are known to function.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Make a Nandroid of your rom now, flash a new rom and see if that fixes it. If not then we know its not rom related. So I take it that it still charges from the regular wall charger?

DumpedDuce Approves This Message Via Samsung Galaxy Tab

daemon#AC

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Whenever I plug in my Evo to my computer using my USB cable, it acts like it's charging and asks me to enable mass storage. However, no matter which option I choose, it stops charging within 5 seconds.

FWIW, I am running the latest stable version of Cyanogenmod, and I have tried 2 different cables, including a new one that I just received in the mail today. I have also tried on 2 different computers, using USB ports that are known to function.

Will the phone charge if it's turned off (while plugged into computer)?

If so, I had a similar problem a few months back. I ended up updating HTC sync on the PC and it fixed the issue.

redhawk24

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Will the phone charge if it's turned off (while plugged into computer)?

If so, I had a similar problem a few months back. I ended up updating HTC sync on the PC and it fixed the issue.

It will charge when the phone is off and plugged in, and it charges in the normal wall charger. I will try updating HTC Sync and see if that does it!