Synergy ROM file corrupt...please help

camo4x4

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Finally rooted my phone and found a ROM I was willing to try because I have been fairly happy with my stock sense. Found the link to the xda forum to download the synergy ROM zip file for my phone.

I did everything in order;

Backup
Backup again just to be sure
Backup SD card on pc before adding a partition for my apps since the ROM is so large.
Did a full wipe of all data, cache, and delvik cache
Added the ROM zip file straight to the SD card
Tried to start install and was told install failed because file was corrupt
Tried again just in case and got same thing
Reinstalled everything back to the SD just in case it needed a file that was on the backup
Tried again and got the same error
Restored my phone from my backups so that I had a phone to use today

I would really like to use this ROM, however can't seem to get a good zip file to install it. Please help me with this so that I can get away from stock.

Maybe I missed a step in there?

Chris

camo4x4

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Downloaded the non-god mode RLS1 version straight from the link provided on the xda forum thread for the ROM. The title of the file had supersonic in it. Even had to wait 30min because I wasn't a premium user and had to download the slow way from the server.

Chris

camo4x4

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
While looking at the page for synergy I tried clicking on the mirror link instead of the main link and it brought me to a different server to download the file from. The first one was "w upload" and the mirror is filesonic. Gonna see if its any different.

Chris

camo4x4

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Using revolutionary to access recovery mode and trying to install the zip file as shown on many YouTube videos and as written in all the how to threads. The zip file is on the SD card and not in a folder. So it is easy to find but still won't install.

Chris

psychofox13

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
The file could just be corrupt. Have you tried downloading it again?

Also, I've never had an issue like that when I was using AmonRA or ClockworkMod recoveries. To get either one, just download and install ROM Manager from the market place. It can install either recovery for you.

I feel more at home using either of those recoveries over any other one or way to install ROMs on my Evo.

camo4x4

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
After looking through the new downloaded zip file I noticed that there is a boot.img file, but that's it. Is this normal or am I missing parts of the ROM? Also, the zip file size is 297MB after fully downloading.

Last edited:

psychofox13

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
After looking through the new downloaded zip file I noticed that there is no PC36img.zip folder like on the YouTube video by MrTekn010933 inside the zip file. There is a boot.img file, but that's it. Is this normal or am I missing parts of the ROM? Also, the zip file size is 297MB after fully downloading.

Boot.img is right. That's what you'd find in the PC36IMG.zip folder. All the developer did was rename the PC36IMG.zip folder to his rom's name.

It could be unsigned which may, or may not, cause some unwanted issues (i.e.: bricking). I've flashed an unsigned ROM before with no issues, but there is always that chance that it will. If Synergy isn't working for you, I have a few Sense ROM's you can try instead:

MikG v2.58 - Re-Engineered GB Sense 2.1 + 3.0 - This is a hybrid Sense 2.1 / 3.0 ROM. I've tried it and really liked it. It's pretty stable and runs smoothly.

Swagged Out Stock v1.9.0.6 - This one is a stock ROM. I, personally, haven't tried it, but the team that has put this together is respectable. They have two versions: Swag ON and Swag Off. They're explained in the post.

If you'd like to try out AOSP, then CyanogenMod 7.1 is the place to be. I've tried others, but have always gone back to CM. Coupled with the Savaged Zen 2.2.1 kernel and you get a fast, stable ROM with pretty good battery life. Tiamat is also a good kernel, but I've had random lock-ups while using it. So far SZ hasn't had any issues.

Your issues with Synergy might be on their side. If so, I hope they fix it. I've used Synergy before and liked it too.

camo4x4

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Thank you very much for your responses and help. I was able to get Synergy to start the install finally. I had to download the mirror file to get a good download. Will let you know what happens after it finishes installing.

camo4x4

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Install went smoothly and I am now running Synergy!!! Updates to come about what I have found or need help with on this new to me ROM.

camo4x4

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Well, had one crash but it was my fault. Re-installed ROM and working good now. I had to use ROM manager to fix permissions and seems to be good now. I do want to point out something on here since I can't post on the XDA forum...I ran a MD5SUM check and found out for the non-god mode ROM that if you click on any link other than the mirror link, the file you download is corrupt. The ONLY link that checks out is the mirror link.

One thing I have learned in doing all of this stuff is that these phones are can do some amazing things once you get passed the carrier boundaries.

I do have a question though:

On stock 2.3.3 when I open my sms messages on the left side would be the photo of the contact sending the message. Now with Synergy there are no photos for the contacts. I have setup all my accounts and sync'd them, even sync'd contacts from PC but still no photos. Is there a certain step or function I need to complete so that I can have the photos back?

psychofox13

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
For the photo issue, I'm not really sure. I don't think I ever had that kind of issue with Synergy before. Some people have said to erase all of your messages and see if that works. Others have said to delete all of your contacts and re-sync them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1