Unrevoked question

ohthebaby

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
So i tried to look this up before posting, and its prob the most ridiculous question ever, but when i dl unrevoked it says "make sure htc sync not installed", and when i try to run unrevoked it says htc sync not found on pc am i missing something here , should i have it dl?

ohthebaby

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
ok so i figured out that i need to install htc sync then uninstall it, unrevoked runs then i get an error firmware too new? is unrevoked v3.3 not compatible with android 2.3.3 ?

psychofox13

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Unrevoked won't work and hasn't been updated since the v2.3.3 update for the Evo.

Revolutionary will work because it roots the phone using a completely different method from Unrevoked.

I've used both, and Unrevoked did work until the second-to-last update for the Evo. Since then, Revolutionary has taken it's place.

dzee206

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
yeah its unrootable dont worry, you can return it back to stock if you have to bring your phone in to get fixed or anything like that. oh yea before i forget dont ever accept an ota update through the phone it will cause you to lose root. updating your prl and pri will be fine.

psychofox13

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Flashing a custom Sense ROM will remove the possibility to OTA update (besides PRL and Profile). They do this so that you won't lose root. :p