...Waiting for Device...

PrettyLilEvo

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi, stuck at the waiting for device screen. Also, wasnt able to get my serial number from the adb devices command. I got it off the bottom of my phone and got my beta key. I have it debugged, charge only, and everything else. I type revolutionary.exe and it does its thing then just sits there and waits for device. I never had HTC installed on my laptop and already downloaded the HTC drivers needed. Someone please help. I was hoping this wasnt going to happen to me.

PrettyLilEvo

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Really no one? I even tried doing it on my father in laws laptop. Still the same results. I have the new drivers downloaded. & Still nothing...Im so frustrated.

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure drivers installed? Also try using different USB cord. I did mines Thursday with no problem. Make sure you're putting in right serial number also. If someone else had this problem they'll help you

PrettyLilEvo

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I got it to connect...did all the steps...got a blue screen instead of a yellow but was able to finish the SU process....Now I rebooted and SU app opens but my memory wasnt erased and i cant delete bloatware still....custom rom will solve that?:confused:

riceastwood

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I just rooted my phone last night and let me be the first to say it was hell trying to get this done. I had the same problem "waiting on device" but I think this might help others with the same issue. I was going through my laptop checking things out as to why i was having this problem. I installed htc sync (by the way YOU DO NOT NEED TO THAT) but if you are like me and have a usb hub connected to your laptop or pc I think that is what is causing the problem. I have drivers installed for my usb hub and I think it was throwing off the connection for my phone. I rooted my evo on my wifes laptop and we have the same brand and model. This is how I came to believe what was causing the issue for me. All I downloaded and installed on her laptop was the htc drivers from the revolutionary site and it worked. So connect your phone to your pc or laptop charge only then go to device manager in the control panel (laptop or pc) you will see your "Android Phone" click the plus sign and it should say "MY HTC" if you see a yellow mark next to it it won't work. Go into the program uninstaller in the control and look for usb drivers you may have installed on your pc or laptop (My issue like i said was with the usb hub drivers LIB usb). My wife's laptop does not have them when I checked and I just loaded the htc drives and gave it a go and 10 mins later I was rooted.

Sorry for the long post but I thought I needed to explain what I think one of the problems could be.

sweethomeru

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
ROOT NEWB here!

I had the exact same problem and it took me 2 days of pulling my hair out searching online until I was able to figure it out.

The hints were all there. The final cause was the HTC Drivers were not installed correctly. Also, please make sure HTC SYNC is NOT installed on your computer. I used a different computer that never had sync nor the HTC drivers on them because I was afraid I might brick my phone OR mess up my laptop.

I went to youtube and found a video titled 'How to root HTC evo 4g with 2.3.3 2.15/2.16 Hboot' and he discussed how to make sure the Drivers were installed correctly on your computer.

I use Windows XP. Go to My Computer, view system information, hardware, device manager. You should see android USB devices, my HTC. NO EXCLAMATION POINTS, NO YELLOW OR RED! I had a yellow exclamation point! I troubleshot and I needed to restart my computer for the HTC drivers to be installed correctly. After that everything worked perfectly.

I hope this helps

I'm finally ROOTED!!! Now I need to learn how to take advantage of the root. I really only want tethering and to remove the Sprint apps I don't want like Facebook, Sprint TV, Twitter, Nascar ETC.!!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thanthan23