To root....?

dodgerblue

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I know this has probably been discussed ad nauseum, but here's the deal:

My EVO 4G, as of late, has really been slowing down. Entering my text messages app takes a long time, it always lags, and performance is just generally slow. I'm tired of it and want my phone to be faster and better like it used to be. So my question is:

Is it time to root? Will I be able to speed up my phone, etc. if I root?

Again I know this is a repetitive question, but I appreciate any input.

vulcan001

Member?
Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Have u been up on cleaning ur phone & keeping it clear of apps u dont use? Sometimes that is what slows down ur phone. Other wise i can say give it a shot, the stock sense rom uses alot of memory & space, its a nice thing to have but is just a clutter. Ive tried other sense roms & to me theyre almost all the same with the exception of some nice additions. But less of that chatter. Rooting will allow u to have a little bit more freedom with ur phone, being able to overclock & underclock as even undervolt it to get some different performance options, using a aosp rom like CM7 or Decks GB 1.3 use up less space on ur phone & r more quicker than the regular stock roms. It has its advantages & disadvantages(Bricking ur phone which is very unlikely to happen & void the warranty) The advantages to it are pretty endless. Id suggest rooting, rooting an evo is a no brainer in itself. Done it a bunch of times now & it takes about 20-30 minutes depending on glitches ive run into & setting up everything.

dodgerblue

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Cleared out apps I don't use, but I just feel like there may be stuff running in the background I don't know about. Or, like maybe my phone needs a sort of "defrag" like you do on a windows machine. It's just that nothing is smooth anymore....graphics (I.e. sliding my screens around etc) aren't smooth. Trying to figure out how to make that better. I used to have a Palm Pre and overclocking helped me with that phone....wonder if it will help with my EVO, which can only be done by rooting

vulcan001

Member?
Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Tried doing a full factory reset? That will reset the phone completely... Might be a solution to ur problems? Otherwise id say root. Got nothing to lose.