Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Destroyer, CM7 hdmi or CM7 Nightly ?

Hello! I been thinking about rooting my EVO 4g most because I want to mirrow my EVO I dont mind having to use a cable to Tethering non rooted theres some app I have to change Themes
    But it would great to be able to use my hdmi to mirrow my evo to tv l read I could use cm7 nighly and kernel golden monkey does anybody can confirm this what about 4g ,gps,camera, does Everything else works? Please any information will be grateful. Or links where I can find the answers. Thanks

Carrier
    Stock for now

Default Re: Destroyer, CM7 hdmi or CM7 Nightly ?

When using cm7 to mirror your phone you need to get the hdmi app from the market. Everything works, but you might have to do the GPS workaround (its very easy and a one time deal) to be 100%. I used cm7 from nightly 0 to the last nightly 256.

Quote Originally Posted by chicago2008 View Post
    Hello! I been thinking about rooting my EVO 4g most because I want to mirrow my EVO I dont mind having to use a cable to Tethering non rooted theres some app I have to change Themes
    But it would great to be able to use my hdmi to mirrow my evo to tv l read I could use cm7 nighly and kernel golden monkey does anybody can confirm this what about 4g ,gps,camera, does Everything else works? Please any information will be grateful. Or links where I can find the answers. Thanks
    I run CM7.1 Stable with either CM's stock kernel or Tiamat. I had to use the "GPS fix", but otherwise everything else works with the exception of audio.

Anytime I use HDMI-out, I have to reboot my phone afterwards or my audio is thoroughly screwed. If I use headphones or wired mic, the headphone icon is stuck on and can only be removed by reboot. If I talk on the phone, I sound extremely high pitched.

I've only heard of one person complaining of a similar problem. I have tried erasing and then a clean install x2, but no relief. Again, rebooting fixes these problems ... it's just annoying.

I had the best HDMI experience with FULLHdmi (I don't think it's available anymore) on rooted stock. However, I use a Bluetooth keyboard, mouse, and wiimote on a regular basis and so I use CM (Sense sucks for Bluetooth devices) .
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I have fullhdmi downloaded some time ago but only work in rooted . And I back up with astro .while looking for info I found out that sprint will stop production on evo 4g now im not sure if I should upgrade to evo3d before I root.