A question about wiping before flashing

charlibob

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
OK, so a lot of you are going to think this is a dumb question, but I have never flashed a rom before. When I wipe, I take it that clears all my apps and data prior to installing the new rom. I have done some backups, perhaps not the right ones. How do I get my apps and data back? There is so much info on this site that it is hard to wade through all the details. BTW, I have the Rom Manager installed.

Thanks

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
OK, so a lot of you are going to think this is a dumb question, but I have never flashed a rom before. When I wipe, I take it that clears all my apps and data prior to installing the new rom. I have done some backups, perhaps not the right ones. How do I get my apps and data back? There is so much info on this site that it is hard to wade through all the details. BTW, I have the Rom Manager installed.

Thanks

Yes when you flash a new rom you start as if you are starting with a new phone. Nothing you have now will be there. To back up your apps I like to use Mybackup root, but other prefer Titanium Backup. With these you can back up your apps + data, text, or whatever else you need. It saves it to your sd card. After flashing a new rom just go to the market and redownload that backup app and restore. Make sure you have a nandroid (backup) of your current rom. That is done in recovery. I think Rom Manager will do it from the app. I haven't used that app in a year so I can't remember.

If you have any other questions just ask.

Reactions: charlibob

charlibob

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Yes when you flash a new rom you start as if you are starting with a new phone. Nothing you have now will be there. To back up your apps I like to use Mybackup root, but other prefer Titanium Backup. With these you can back up your apps + data, text, or whatever else you need. It saves it to your sd card. After flashing a new rom just go to the market and redownload that backup app and restore. Make sure you have a nandroid (backup) of your current rom. That is done in recovery. I think Rom Manager will do it from the app. I haven't used that app in a year so I can't remember.

If you have any other questions just ask.

OK, thanks SmokeCrawler, that 'splains it perfectly. I already did a nandroid backup when I rooted a couple of days ago. I will download one of those backup apps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastair