HELP! rooting problems! already tried revolutionary too..

huskerfanron

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
okay, I have the htc evo 4g. ive had it for about 5 or 6 months and im ready to root it. ive tried unrEVOked. ive tried revolutionary, ive tried many things. but they dont work.

unrevoked says my software or hardware is too new. ( i dont remember wich it was)

and revolutionary, i type in everything it says., and after it has my serial number i enter the beta key and it says invalid, now terminating, ?????? i dont know what to do. please help. i have also tried z4root. and it just quits the app and im S.O.L....

please reply soon. Thanks.:(

Oh and im running android 2.3.3

Last edited:

vulcan001

Member?
Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
What hboot is your phone? I used revolutionary & experienced the same thing. Id say to type the beta key exactly as it comes up when you are given the key. Sometimes you dont type it rite & you are sure you have. I remember i copied & pasted it. Haha. Try it again.

charlibob

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
okay, I have the htc evo 4g. ive had it for about 5 or 6 months and im ready to root it. ive tried unrEVOked. ive tried revolutionary, ive tried many things. but they dont work.

unrevoked says my software or hardware is too new. ( i dont remember wich it was)

and revolutionary, i type in everything it says., and after it has my serial number i enter the beta key and it says invalid, now terminating, ?????? i dont know what to do. please help. i have also tried z4root. and it just quits the app and im S.O.L....

please reply soon. Thanks.:(

Oh and im running android 2.3.3

A lot of us have had this problem with Revolutionary. It usually means that you made a mistake interpreting one or more characters of the beta key on the screen. The best thing to do is copy the on screen key and paste it into Windows Notepad, not Word. Compare the key on Notepad with what you saw on the Revolutionary screen. Chances are one or more characters are different from what you first thought. Try to root again with the key as it is shown in Notepad.

Let others know if it works.

joeydownsouth

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I just did this to my brothers phone, when window opens, click the window looking icon in the upper left hand corner, then select copy, then paste in dos window. Should work everytime.

sent from my nexusS4g running oICSv43/ICUP ICS streamline #2