Signal Strength is garbage

kingdavidbaker

Jan 7, 2011
www.kingdavidbaker.com
I used to have fantastic signal strength everywhere I went. About a week ago I started noticing garbage signal strength and my phone constantly going into roaming mode while I'm at work. So I hop online only to see there was an update. Well my phone is running MikG3.0 which I assume doesn't accept OTA updates or anything but I figured I'd try a rooted OTA ROM and I am still having the same issues. I have tried versions with both the old and new radio and I am constantly roaming. My phone is basically unusable at this point when I'm at work which is a problem. Anybody else having this issue?

Isn't there a way to force the phone onto some other network with better coverage?

Edit: I used Roam Control to force roaming but that basically has the exact same issue. Half the time it has fantastic reception and then suddenly the signal strength drops to zero....then back to full.

Last edited:

kingdavidbaker

Jan 7, 2011
www.kingdavidbaker.com
I have tried updating profile and PRL multiple times. No I had not dropped it or changed roms. I just suddenly have terrible reception. I spent ALL day yesterday flashing different GB versions, radios, all that crap and I still have terrible reception. I purchased roam control to force the phone into roaming all the time which helps slightly but I still don't have reception a great deal of the time. Starting to think it might be the radio hardware itself because it will show I have 6 bars, then 1, then 0, then 6 again and it just bounces between full and no reception. Even when it says I have 6 bars I will try calling my phone and it doesn't ring. Also I traveled to an area with 4G yesterday and it did seem to be working better tho I didn't spend nearly as much time testing it....i dunno maybe they tore down a tower in my area but my phone is basically crap now :(

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I have tried updating profile and PRL multiple times. No I had not dropped it or changed roms. I just suddenly have terrible reception. I spent ALL day yesterday flashing different GB versions, radios, all that crap and I still have terrible reception. I purchased roam control to force the phone into roaming all the time which helps slightly but I still don't have reception a great deal of the time. Starting to think it might be the radio hardware itself because it will show I have 6 bars, then 1, then 0, then 6 again and it just bounces between full and no reception. Even when it says I have 6 bars I will try calling my phone and it doesn't ring. Also I traveled to an area with 4G yesterday and it did seem to be working better tho I didn't spend nearly as much time testing it....i dunno maybe they tore down a tower in my area but my phone is basically crap now :(

Contact sprint and ask if anyone else in your area is having the same issues.

DumpedDuce Approves This Message Via HTC Evo 4g

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463