[ROM] RvU 1.3.2 WORKING 4G!!! Sync Fixed / ROM Manager Support

Darth Pooh#CB

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Pm sent, you rock.

Thanks guys. As we suspected... it seems as if these custom ROMs aren't using routing tables even though we havent knowingly changed anything that touches that.

This brings us closer to looking at specific things like the bin folder.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
The Superuser permissions app is hanging as well when wireless tether requires SU permissions.

Who can I PM my log file to?

check USB debugging

I just checked under battery use and my android system says 91%..that seems really high to me..any ideas??

That means that 91% of the things that have used your battery are part of Android and not third party apps. Not that Android System is running 91% of the time. The higher the number for Android System, the better.

jayv1717

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
That means that 91% of the things that have used your battery are part of Android and not third party apps. Not that Android System is running 91% of the time. The higher the number for Android System, the better.
OOO..so i don't have something killing my battery in the background??

spj

Android Custom Creations
Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
check USB debugging

hey gil did you switch over to the evo? because i did lol...

Nitrousoxide

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Keith was experiencing it as well. I'm sure he'll get to it in due time.

In the mean time I'd suggest flashing another rom that didn't give you that problem.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
hey gil did you switch over to the evo? because i did lol...

I'll never switch away from the Hero. My favorite little smartphone ever, but I did get an Evo too. Hero is now the phone and messaging device I need, and the Evo is my toy ;)

Anyone figure out what's up with the insufficient storage space problem yet

Keith was experiencing it as well. I'm sure he'll get to it in due time.

In the mean time I'd suggest flashing another rom that didn't give you that problem.

Just got that fixed (can't sleep lol). Also, and even better news -- busybox fully installed and working flawlessly. Passed my changes up to Keithie Pooh for his next update.

Darth Pooh#CB

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I'll never switch away from the Hero. My favorite little smartphone ever, but I did get an Evo too. Hero is now the phone and messaging device I need, and the Evo is my toy ;)

Just got that fixed (can't sleep lol). Also, and even better news -- busybox fully installed and working flawlessly. Passed my changes up to Keithie Pooh for his next update.

Changes are made and I am hoping to release this within the next couple of hours. Things are looking ok on my end...

psych2l

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the update, was debating on whether to try this ROM or the flipz. As to the 4G connection issues, I noticed ppl reporting success on 4G access after flashing their radio with the EVO-1.39.00.05.31-radio-signed.zip over at

[RADIO] Evo-1.39.00.05.31 - xda-developers

Does this ROM also update the baseband to 1.39.00.05.31? If not it might be worth giving this a try, it was apparently pushed with the OTA.

slapbet

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
After flashing this ROM, if I attempt to launch an app that requires Superuser Permissions (I tried Titanium Backup, android-wifi-tether, and a su in terminal), I get the following error: Activity SU Request (in application Superuser Permissions) is not responding.

I get options to wait or force close. Waiting seems to do nothing. Superuser permissions are never granted to the requesting application.

I saw some mention earlier of some logs I can obtain, which are probably a lot more useful than a mere description of the problem. Would someone mind giving me instructions on how to do that?

This was the case with a wipe and without a wipe.

Last edited:

Darth Pooh#CB

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
After flashing this ROM, if I attempt to launch an app that requires Superuser Permissions (I tried Titanium Backup, android-wifi-tether, and a su in terminal), I get the following error: Activity SU Request (in application Superuser Permissions) is not responding.

I get options to wait or force close. Waiting seems to do nothing. Superuser permissions are never granted to the requesting application.

I saw some mention earlier of some logs I can obtain, which are probably a lot more useful than a mere description of the problem. Would someone mind giving me instructions on how to do that?

This was the case with a wipe and without a wipe.

ALOGCAT - LOGCAT APPLICATION from the market, install it and then try to do what you get the hanging SU requests. This way we can see why it is failing. Might be a simple thing...

Nitrousoxide

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the update, was debating on whether to try this ROM or the flipz. As to the 4G connection issues, I noticed ppl reporting success on 4G access after flashing their radio with the EVO-1.39.00.05.31-radio-signed.zip over at

[RADIO] Evo-1.39.00.05.31 - xda-developers

Does this ROM also update the baseband to 1.39.00.05.31? If not it might be worth giving this a try, it was apparently pushed with the OTA.

This substantially improved my wifi radio's range.