1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default help with obtaining s-off with hboot 2.18

i returned my phone to sprint for service. they sent it back with locked hboot 2.18. i followed htcdev instructions to unlock bootloader. i then followed Captian_Throwback's instructions to obtain s-off and root with unrevoked etc. (thanks Captain) everything has been great untill step 9. i download flash image and mtd-eng then try to extract. when i extract flash image i get compressed file invalid. on mtd-eng i get file empty. please help. i didnt come this far to get stymied by a zip file.
    Member?

ROM
    Deck ICS Alpha 4/Tiatmat

Default Re: help with obtaining s-off with hboot 2.18

You dont flash the img. file you flash a zip file. img files are used when doing it from a command promt. Try the zip file and that should work, do you have s-off already?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

no im not s-off yet. here is where im stuck:

9) Download "flash_image.zip" & "mtd-eng.zip" from this post, and extract the files contained in the zips. Put the flash_image and mtd-eng.img on the root of your sdcard. Then, input the following commands, as seen in the picture below: .....

so i download the zip files and need to extract to put on sd card and run commands from from command prompts. the only problem is when i try to extract i get error saying compressed file is invavid.

please help
    Last edited by 1moneymark; 03-04-2012 at 12:00 PM. Reason: fixed
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ok maybe a good question for me to ask is ... is there a place for me to get these files where they are not in a .zip format?

ROM
    evo-deck 1.3d (2.3.5)

You do NOT want to unzip them, just put them at the root of your sd card and flash them as they are!

Sent from Looney Tunes Central!
    If i haven't already said it, thank you so much for all your help, it means a lot to me! So thanks!

Global Posts
    233 Global Posts
    ROM
    chub-sac-Sense4.5/AnTHRaX

Quote Originally Posted by 1moneymark View Post
    ok maybe a good question for me to ask is ... is there a place for me to get these files where they are not in a .zip format?
    I can upload them to my Dev-Host account if you have trouble extracting them from the link I PM'ed you.

Quote Originally Posted by tazman1963 View Post
    You do NOT want to unzip them, just put them at the root of your sd card and flash them as they are!

Sent from Looney Tunes Central!
    This is incorrect. These aren't flashable files. They will be accessed via the command prompt, and do need to be extracted, as indicated in the instructions.

EDIT: Here are links to the extracted files (just in case) - ;
    Device 1: HTC One (M8)/831C | Hardware Version: 0005
    Baseband: 1.05.20.0227_2 | PRI: 1.28_003 | PRL: 51098 | Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.1

Device 2: HTC Jewel/PJ75100 (EVO 4G LTE) | Hardware Version: 0003
    Baseband: 1.13.11.1105 | PRI: 3.02_003 | PRL: 56018 | Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.4b

Device 3: HTC Shooter/PG86100 (EVO 3D) | Hardware Version: 0002
    Baseband: 1.09.00.0108 | PRI: 1.55_003 | PRL: 22100 | Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.0

Device 4: HTC Supersonic/PC36100 (EVO 4G) | Hardware Version: 0004
    Baseband: 2.15.00.01.15 | PRI: 2.33_003 | PRL: 40460 | Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

worked thanks

i got them from the link u sent and they extracted like they supposed to.

Okay, old thread, but i need help on how to do these. I'm not sure. how.
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

Quote Originally Posted by vazersecurity View Post
    Okay, old thread, but i need help on how to do these. I'm not sure. how.
    Look Here....)