Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

Nah, still getting the same thing
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

Default Re: Free Wireless tethering

Do you have any objections to using the RUU.exe to flash back to completely stock then trying these steps? I don't know how much more help I can be and in the interest of saving time, it would be nice to have a clean slate.

I will PM you some info, maybe I can walk through it with you over Google talk tonight. No worries, we'll get you setup.
    [CENTER][URL="https://plus.google.com/u/0/+KPSmith/posts"]Follow me on Google +
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  

Quote Originally Posted by tndave View Post
    Nah, still getting the same thing
    This user is fixed. If you are having the same problem we flashed the RUU.EXE, installed unrEVOked.apk, then installed wirelesstether.apk. Must have been an issue with something he installed or did previously.

PM me your email address if you need instructions as i have written a how-to in microsoft word
    Thanked by:
    tndave 

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KSmithInNY View Post
    This user is fixed. If you are having the same problem we flashed the RUU.EXE, installed unrEVOked.apk, then installed wirelesstether.apk. Must have been an issue with something he installed or did previously.

PM me your email address if you need instructions as i have written a how-to in microsoft word
    Thanks so much for your help!
    I flashed back to stock and reinstalled unrevoked and wifi tether and it worked without a hitch.
    You're the man

I tried this on Windows 7 and it got stuck and identifying the network and no internet .

I looked at the log on phone and everything is loaded correctly no errors.

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  

Quote Originally Posted by vboyz103 View Post
    I tried this on Windows 7 and it got stuck and identifying the network and no internet .

I looked at the log on phone and everything is loaded correctly no errors.

Do you have wireless tether configured so it won't turn off when your screen turns off? See first page of this thread.

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

What speeds are you getting? I am getting down speeds ranging from .62mps to .84mps.

Default multi user......

I asked this in the main EVO section with no luck....so I'll try here...

So I have root and wi-fi-tether is working flawlessly as long as I just use one device at a time on it (laptop, itouch, etc). I can't find any info on their site, but can it do multiple devices without having to go in an give each device a static address?? Any word if this feature is coming? If is does work, is there something painfully obvious that I am just missing? Thanks :rolleyes:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #34  

Quote Originally Posted by phlash View Post
    I asked this in the main EVO section with no luck....so I'll try here...

So I have root and wi-fi-tether is working flawlessly as long as I just use one device at a time on it (laptop, itouch, etc). I can't find any info on their site, but can it do multiple devices without having to go in an give each device a static address?? Any word if this feature is coming? If is does work, is there something painfully obvious that I am just missing? Thanks :rolleyes:
    Don't give up and think we've forgotten about you. I've been working hard at some other stuff but when i get some down time I'll check this out for you. sorry for the delay.

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts

Very easy to setup. Its working great. I connected a few laptops at once and did remote desktop for testing. Worked perfect. ...now if I only had 4g in my area.

Quote Originally Posted by ohseedee View Post
    I connected a few laptops at once and did remote desktop for testing. Worked perfect......
    Did you have to add static IP's to each or did it farm IP's out? If it's farming I'm missing something basic here.......................

So I am rooted; and I get the failed to start msg... any suggestions? I've rebooted my EVO, I used the adb push/reboot/root method to root the ole' phone.

toast rooted does this mean that the stock tethering works?? not sure where you are getting the tethering apk if you uninstall the tethering??
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #39  

Quote Originally Posted by itchy17 View Post
    toast rooted does this mean that the stock tethering works?? not sure where you are getting the tethering apk if you uninstall the tethering??
    1) No using toast root does not "unlock" the stock tethering. If you want to use the stock mobile hot spot that came installed on your phone you will be paying Sprint $30 a month. These instructions are how to use a different app, a 3rd party app to achieve the same goal without paying $30 a month.

2) I link to it in the 3rd bullet of the instructions. Take a moment and read them prior to trying this to ensure you're not stepping outside of your comfort zone. It's really straight forward but you should be willing to invest the time to read and research because as you can see from the posts, it doesnt always go as smoothly for everyone. Many people have done this and made some mistakes, please read this entire thread as it will likely answer your questions. If you do read the entire thing and still have questions, post away and I'll see what i can do for you.

3) I will recommend you go the unrEVOked method. This particular thread assumes you already have root, if you don't, there are other threads around here dedicated to that. In fact, go back to the EVO Hacks page and the unrEVOked discussion should be right on the first page there

Good luck!

Any thoughts on my Tethering issues?
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #41  

Quote Originally Posted by Dariuas View Post
    Any thoughts on my Tethering issues?
    When you launched the app the first time did SU ask you to allow the app to run? Did you pick always allow?

I understand that you need to be root to install this I did that with UnrEVOked but do you also need to be root every time you run it after? Sorry if this has been asked and answered but if it was then I did not find the answer.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #43  

Quote Originally Posted by bmhanson View Post
    I understand that you need to be root to install this I did that with UnrEVOked but do you also need to be root every time you run it after? Sorry if this has been asked and answered but if it was then I did not find the answer.
    Unrevoked is a sticky root meaning it stays after reboot. Once you use Unrevoked, you are fine from then on unless you install an official ruu.

Edit - to clarify, if you don't select "always allow" when the tether is launched you will be prompted to allow every time.
    Thanked by:

No, it does not ask me for root access.

Do you have any objections to using the RUU.exe to flash back to completely stock then trying these steps? I don't know how much more help I can be and in the interest of saving time, it would be nice to have a clean slate.

I will PM you some info, maybe I can walk through it with you over Google talk tonight. No worries, we'll get you setup.
    can u please post a link to the RUU.exe, i think i've messed something up with my phone and would love to revert back to stock...
    thanks in advance

The wireless is working dandy via unrevoked + android-wifi-tether!

There is also a "wired tether" app ... has anyone tried?

Edit: ah, I think the android linux kernel needs a patch, plus the client machine needs an rndis client ... seems involved. Guess it's still pdanet/easytether for usb.
    Last edited by xorbe; 06-11-2010 at 04:13 AM.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #47  

No, it does not ask me for root access.
    you sure you have root? After you installed unrevoked did you then launch the unrevoked application and click "ROOT"??

download "Terminal Emulator" from the Android Market and launch it...
    Once inside the Terminal type "su"
    if the terminal then jumps down a line and displays a # you have root...

you sure you have root? After you installed unrevoked did you then launch the unrevoked application and click "ROOT"??

download "Terminal Emulator" from the Android Market and launch it...
    Once inside the Terminal type "su"
    if the terminal then jumps down a line and displays a # you have root...
    Welp;
    I open ConnectBot
    $
    $ su
    #

I did the method of putting the PC36ING.zip on the phone and rooting it that way.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #49  

Open Super user on your phone from the app tray. Is Wireless tether listed?

What do you mean?
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast