- 09-26-2010, 03:12 PM #151
- 09-30-2010, 05:37 PM #152
- 09-30-2010, 06:00 PM #153
- 10-07-2010, 08:35 PM #154
B) You do have super user (app) installed and can grant applications root permissions correct?
C) When Android Wireless tether ran the first time, you granted it root permissions?
D) You didn't download "Android wifi tether" from the market, and rather read the instructions in post #1, correct?
Answer those and were off to a good start.
- 10-08-2010, 11:35 AM #156
- 24 Posts
- 10-08-2010, 11:54 AM #157
Working on the same thing so hope nobody gets upset with a hijacker :o).
I used simpleroot method. I am running Vaelpak 2.2, just loaded yesterday. I have emulator installed and got #, I have granted superuser permissions. On Phone, I get wireless tether is currently tethering and I have the MAC and IP address of my laptop listed as connected/authorized. On Laptop, it says connected at 54 mbps but it will not load a webpage (server not available for google.com). At the same time, buddy's droid can see the network signal but cannot get an IP address and he doesnt show up on my list of authorized clients.
Any advice on next steps?
Last edited by WidnrF1J1; 10-08-2010 at 12:07 PM.
How-To Root sticky.
My first advice to you would be to uninstall your current wireless tether. Once you've uninstalled, which will download WT pre 9.
Once you install WT pre 9 open the application and the first thing i want you to do is this ...
1) Menu > Settings > Menu > (re)-Install binaries/configs
- 10-08-2010, 03:39 PM #159
I really appreciate the help.
I noticed that my wifi had an error earlier. I run Tasker which turns on my wifi when I am at the office so I disabled that. I am not sure if that would affect it but I thought I should try. No dice.
I tried the link in the message above which gave me wireless tether pre10 and followed the directions.. 1) Menu > Settings > Menu > (re)-Install binaries/configs
The computer connects and says connected in the wifi icon on the compuer and the shade on my phone but I get "server not found" on the browser.
I then uninstalled and went back to the original post to get the pre9 version and followed the same steps 1) Menu > Settings > Menu > (re)-Install binaries/configs. The only difference was that the pre9 connected at 11 or 12 mbps. But still gave me the "Server not found" error on the browser.
Both configurations take a long time to issue an ip address to the laptop.
Just to make sure, I connected the pc to the office wifi and it connects and pulls up google just fine.
Could this me a ROM issue on the phone?
When this is fixed, will I be able to connect to multiple devices or only one at a time?
- 10-08-2010, 05:51 PM #160
OK, I went back and restored the MYN rom and tried the pre10 version with no success.
HOWEVER, I uninstalled that, went to the original link in the first post for the pre9 version and got connected. The speed is only 5.5 Mbps but it is connected... and just bumped to 18 Mbps by moving the phone to a window.
Is that the type of speed I should expect?
Another thing you might check is to see cause it can cause connectivity issues is if you're trying to connect on a dirty channel. WT comes configured to connect on channel 6 which is the most widely used and overly populated channel. Download wifi analyzer from the market and run a scan to see if theres a better option near you and switch WT to that channel. Menu > Settings > Change channel
- 10-09-2010, 02:37 AM #162
- 10-09-2010, 03:21 PM #163
- 1,288 Posts
- Stock for now
- 10-14-2010, 10:04 PM #164
- 10-15-2010, 01:02 AM #166
- 10-18-2010, 01:46 AM #167
- 5 Posts
I'm using my Evo as my modem to post this. Works very well, and the speeds are respectable. Download according to speed.net says anywhere from 5k to 1.5k, depending on what test-site I choose, although it seems much faster.
Just so you know, I rooted my phone with Unrecovered, and so far it is working fine. Had tried the wireless tether from the Market, but it didn't work, even though my computer could see it. After finding this thread and downloading the latest version from the page 1, my computer hooked up right away. I was having an issue with connectivity when the screen would go to sleep, but found the tip from jerzyiroc to disable the wake_lock feature. It took a couple of screen wake-ups after that for it to "learn", but now it works fine. The screen dims, but does not go blank.
At this point I'm tempted, because this works so well, to get rid of my Clearwire modem (which costs me about $60/month), but I'll take my time, and make sure my carrier doesn't ding me! Thanks all for a great thread.... my first post on this forum by the way; glad I found it!
- 11-05-2010, 11:49 AM #168
- 11-05-2010, 12:04 PM #169
- 11-14-2010, 04:04 PM #170
- 11-24-2010, 07:41 PM #171
- 12-29-2010, 05:08 PM #172
- 12-29-2010, 07:34 PM #173
- 01-02-2011, 10:15 AM #174
- 01-11-2011, 03:47 PM #175