Free Wireless tethering

davidminor03

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
img.php

Above is the link to the new software as a QR barcode just to make it easy for everyone. (thanks to njfoses for posting that)

Got this installed in less then 5 minutes using urevoked on my evo! Besides the install being extremely fast including doing the root this connection blows my tethered connection from my pre away!

tested with speedtest.net and I get 1.85 on the evo and get a pathetic .8 on my pres connection.

Being a new user to android I am pretty darn impressed so far just wish they could figure out how to make app switching faster/easier.

chazm

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Damn! I need to do a hard reset on my phone but the link to the APK straight from your phone does not work anymore

Is there another site to go to?

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Same here google chrome and IT DOES NOT WORK. I guess they just blocked me then.:cool:

Are you clicking the link in step 3 of the tutorial? The link to wireless_tether_2_0_5-pre2.apk? I just opened firefox on my PC, had to blow the dust off, and it works. Just to be thorough i went and checked chrome again and it worked (thats twice now) and clicked it on my phone again and it worked (thats twice now).

Skip the PC and click the link from your phone. It may be a result of firewall/config setting on your PC but i assure you, the link is 100% live.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
im having the same problems as another member had on page 6 where it didnt ask me for permission at all and the tethering is not working. I also checked to make sure i have root with the code provided and the "#" symbol is shown...

These are the instructions i followed:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g-roms-hacks/17766-how-full-root-evo-4g-mac.html

All help is greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately i took a couple day hiatus from the forums to get my head right so I did not work directly with this user. You may consider PM'ing the person to see if they ever figured it out.

If they did figure it out or you do figure it out please come back and share so the next person to have the problem can find it.

edbtzy

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I sent him a PM so I'm hoping for a reply.
Other then that, I have no idea where to start to even try troubleshooting . But I will post any progress I make

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21