EVO Overclocking Thread

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I spoke to the developer Bill and got an answer...

(my info)
Obviously it can't overclock, we all know that because of perflock BUT here's the deal, the EVO CPU is set to scale back when its sleeping by default although it doesn't always do this because it may misinterpret information.
(bills info)
What this widget does is force it to underclock so you may see a slight increase in battery.

MLN1963

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I don't know what OC Widget is doing but it is doing something for me. I unplugged at 6:30 am yesterday and I am still going today at 10:16 with 37% battery left. I had phone calls, texts, read emails and surfed some yesterday. I thought I had turned it off overnight but it was running this morning when I got up. Hmmm...

My point is I would never have had this much battery left without the OC widget. I would be lucky to get thru the day without putting it on the charger to finish the day (night really). Whatever or however it is doing it, it works for me. This cannot possibly be a placebo effect.

MLN1963

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
To add to my previous post, I was able to get 39 hours out of my EVO (could have been a bit more even). I turned it on at roughly 6:30 am on Tuesday morning and finally killed it at 9:35 pm Wednesday night. I might add that I was surfing the web to kill it so I could put it on the charger before I went to bed.

I added the OC W to my wife's EVO as well and she has seen similar results. There seems to be something to the Over Clock Widget.

Last edited:

xorbe

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
The htcperflock entry in the Evo kernel is set to yes, which stops things like this from over-riding HTC's own cpu scaling governor.

Cannot this be overridden on-the-fly with a rooted phone (even via unrevoked)? A soft live kernel patch would be only temporary and lost on reboot, but highly safe.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney