Need Help (SDK re-install)

12MaNy

Regional Leg Breaker
Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to re-install the SDK (for Windows) and I'm having a slight issue. I installed the Sun Java JRE, HTC Sync and I downloaded the SDK and put it in a folder on my C: drive. I re-booted my PC, then enabled USB debugging on my Evo and plugged it in to a high speed USB port and then let Windows find the drivers. Now I did the test to make sure the SDK was installed correctly.

I went to "android-sdk/tools", then opened a command prompt and entered "adb devices" to make sure that I can see the device's serial number...but I keep getting this...'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file" WTF?!

12MaNy

Regional Leg Breaker
Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
"The system could not find the path specified"

This is starting to really piss me off. I tried a fresh re-install of everything (including drivers) too and I'm still getting the same crappy error. *sigh* I'm burned out for today. Maybe I'll mess with it tomorrow.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
"The system could not find the path specified"

I tried a fresh re-install of everything (including drivers) too and I'm still getting the same crappy error. *sigh* I'm burned out for today. Maybe I'll mess with it tomorrow.

If you open the actual sdk platform/explorere menu thing. At the very top it says sdk location that is the path to it.

You might have to type it like this
cd\
cd android-sdk-windows/tools

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Here's a pic to help,but just click on sdksetup then in sdk and avd manager the top line SDK Location is the path just add /tools
to the end.

12MaNy

Regional Leg Breaker
Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
It doesn't matter if I try to prompt to it or not...I'm still getting that same "...is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file" error.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Did you change the name of the zip or did you leave it the same?
If its the same you might have to do
cd android-sdk_r06-windows/tools

Saepak

May 9, 2010
Visit site
12MaNy what OS are you in Windows 7? if so use windows explore and goto the sdk folder. Hold the shift key down and right click on the Tools folder. Then select Command Prompt from here. Then you can run adb without cd 'ing to the correct path. I am getting ready to goto bed, I have had one hell of a past few days, and a long day ahead of me tomorrow.

12MaNy

Regional Leg Breaker
Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the replies you guys. I appreciate it and I'll try your guy's suggestions whe
n I get home later tonight. :)

12MaNy

Regional Leg Breaker
Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Nothing is working. I tried your suggestions, I tried re-installing drivers, I tried deleting and re-installing all software and I'm still getting "...is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file".

Can someone pleeeeease help me?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech