Best ROM for Evo 4G?

Georgehh

May 25, 2012
Visit site
hey there. I just recently put a ICS ROM in my Evo and its complete garbage. I didn't wanna just put the stock ROM or Cyanogen back in there, so i was wondering whats the best ROM available for Evo?

Thanks a bunch in advance. :D

casmi

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
+1 on Reloaded and the Classic. Have run the Classic as a daily driver for months and it's flawless with many options to customize. Plus the dev is topnotch.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

awswnk

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Classic if you want Sense.

Deck's if you want AOSP.

The MIUI guys should have wimax within the next couple weeks if they don't have it already. That's a decent alternative but unfortunately everyone's hung up on MIUI ICS, which runs like crap.

I personally like Euroskank's CM7 releases, but you said you don't want CM7.

Pre-dawn raid

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Always been a sense fan but reloaded is sexy. Does 4g or hdmi out work?

HDMI works flawlessly using the HDMwin app. Not sure about 4G; I never use it b/c it's a battery killer in my experience. I hate having to flash a sense-based rom in order to update my radios though.

redhawk24

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to piggy-back off of this question with a qualifier or two.

What is the best ROM for the EVO that GPS works and is downloadable via ROM Manager (for some reason, I can't download through my USB cable)

jeffisbiking

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to piggy-back off of this question with a qualifier or two.

What is the best ROM for the EVO that GPS works and is downloadable via ROM Manager (for some reason, I can't download through my USB cable)

In my experiences, GPS tends to work best with Sense-based ROMS, and my favorite on ROM Manager is the Fresh ROM.

All this said, I'm trying out Classic today (I wanted to try a new Sense ROM) since so many seem to like it pretty well.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
there is not a best rom , everyone has a favorite rom . its all in what the user wants to get out of the rom from lots of flash to very simple

Andrea Almond

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Will this work on the HTC EVO 4g flashed to Virgin Mobile? So, far I tried CM7 and found it broke the dialer codes. I had no way to fix the mms & internet. So far I was only able to get talk and text and the signal sucks lol

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I flashed an EVO 4G with Paranoid Android, and after looking at my phone (HTC Vivid with WCX), I got jelly. But only slightly. The ROM can be found on XDA and is a hybrid between Tablet and Smartphone. You get to choose: Tablet look, Smartphone look, both, or bits and pieces from both. :)

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums