[How-To] Change your bootscreen super easy

evanscnce

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
****YOU NEED TOASTS ROOT TO DO THIS****

I made PushBoot so everything needed to change your boot animation is

included (except your bootscreen zip and mp3 file)

Basically, upzip, put your zip file (and if you want an mp3 file) into the folder

plug in your phone

open pushboot.bat

follow the prompts

(make sure that when the phone goes into recovery that you wait till it connects to your pc before continuing)

and you should have a custom boot animation and boot sound!

Any problems, let me know

I also included the dancing android bootscreen and the nexus one bootscreen.

Link:

http://www.filedropper.com/pushboot2

Reactions: Jerry Hildenbrand

drgnlover

May 24, 2010
Visit site
"Basically, upzip, put your zip file (and if you want an mp3 file) into the folder"
Which folder? Sorry for the dumb question I tried this three times and couldn't get it to work.
It says something like 'error sh/bin/ etc... file not found'

drgnlover

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I am rooted, and I can get into recovery okay I've done nanbackup's, restores and wipes etc. (when I can connect to HTC Sync) I followed all the instructions (file is placed in the main folder where PushBoot is). I follow the instructions my device is detected.. blah blah blah and then the error. I then have to reboot and can't connect to HTC Sync. Oh well I'll keep trying.. thanks anyway.

evanscnce

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
I am rooted, and I can get into recovery okay I've done nanbackup's, restores and wipes etc. (when I can connect to HTC Sync) I followed all the instructions (file is placed in the main folder where PushBoot is). I follow the instructions my device is detected.. blah blah blah and then the error. I then have to reboot and can't connect to HTC Sync. Oh well I'll keep trying.. thanks anyway.

are you rooted the first way, or did you full root?

Saepak

May 9, 2010
Visit site
Sweet this worked perfectly to get the DROID X boot screen. Now working on getting just the right audio file to back it up.

ghostyroasty

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I got the changed boot screen, but the audio did not appear.. I saw where the filename was changed... Does it need to be a certain bitrate? Mine is currently at 128

Saepak

May 9, 2010
Visit site
OP states in like the 3rd post that the bootanimation.zip file has to have the 1st folder inside of it changed to android for this too work.

Edit: So open the zip file rename the top folder, then open the desc.txt file and change the name there also to android.

evanscnce

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
I got the changed boot screen, but the audio did not appear.. I saw where the filename was changed... Does it need to be a certain bitrate? Mine is currently at 128

make sure that inside bootanimation.zip that the first folder is named android

and then the desc.txt has to be edited accordingly.

Schlagelfarken

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I am actually looking into how to do that. So who knows

Not a problem

ALSO, for an audio file to work, the first folder in bootanimation.zip must be named android
If anyone needs help getting that to work, post up the zip here and I can modify it to work for you.
Sorry, but your information is wrong.

There is no prerequisite name for a "first folder." The folder names and locations are determined by the desc.txt file.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome