1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default FULL ROOT ACCESS UNLEASHED! (Woot :P)

Surprised I havent seen anyone post it on here yet, but the 2nd part of now available. Full Root acess ftw!

cool maybe cam support for froyo port soon nao?

Default Re: FULL ROOT ACCESS UNLEASHED! (Woot :P)

Quote Originally Posted by nmelkon1 View Post
    cool maybe cam support for froyo port soon nao?
    We've had a froyo build since before the phone was released. Dig around, you'll find it
    [CENTER][URL="https://plus.google.com/u/0/+KPSmith/posts"]Follow me on Google +

Quote Originally Posted by KSmithInNY View Post
    We've had a froyo build since before the phone was released. Dig around, you'll find it
    Yeah but I believe mms and the cameras weren't working with it.

ROM
    ACS Jelly Bean RC1, Stock

Any one mind posting a "How to for total noobs that haven't rooted before" guide for the evo?

Also does this root keep all features working? What about updates? Lemme know =)

Much appreciated.

"In Soviet Russia, Android roots you!"

I'm here because like you, I have questions that I need answered, and help those like me, with questions of their own.
    "If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
    -Isaac Newton, Letter to Robert Hooke, February 5, 1675

Quote Originally Posted by liquidjesus View Post
    Any one mind posting a "How to for total noobs that haven't rooted before" guide for the evo?

Also does this root keep all features working? What about updates? Lemme know =)

Much appreciated.
    I asked TheBiles from XDA to make another idiotproof tutorial like he did with part one of the root method, im sure he will make one for us.

Quote Originally Posted by liquidjesus View Post

Much appreciated.
    There's no noob guide for this root hack. You have to run some adb commands, etc. The easiest way to root is the Unrevoked version.

That's why I'm still using unrevoked root, no need to take my chance and brick the phone if I don't have to

Global Posts
    2,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Extra Crispy

Quote Originally Posted by apexi350z View Post
    There's no noob guide for this root hack. You have to run some adb commands, etc. The easiest way to root is the Unrevoked version.

That's why I'm still using unrevoked root, no need to take my chance and brick the phone if I don't have to
    Unrevoked is easy.I doubt anyone bricks there phone in the root process as it not that easy to brick a android phone as long as it turns on it usually can be saved.Most bricking of android phones is people getting in a furry and flashing a not supported radio(GSM radio).Rooting itself shoudn't result in bricking.

Default Re: FULL ROOT ACCESS UNLEASHED! (Woot :P)

Unrevoked is a waste of time and useless. It shouldn't even be considered root!!

Sent from my EVO via Tapatalk

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts

got a rookie question here. what's big improvement for 2nd part root? i mean, i know it remove NAND RW permission and etc, but can anyone give some brief image here what we can do differently if we just have 1st part root?

In addition, if i used rom manager for flash recovery on the 1st part, can i still use this instruction for the 2nd part? (I mean, i did install SDK, ADB Driver on my pc, so starting shell in cmd prompt is not a problem)

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrDSL View Post
    Unrevoked is a waste of time and useless. It shouldn't even be considered root!!

Sent from my EVO via Tapatalk
    I agree with that, but i also think it's a good temporary idea for the first time when u try to use Titanium backup b4 1st part root, dont you think?

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oOflyeyesOo View Post
    I asked TheBiles from XDA to make another idiotproof tutorial like he did with part one of the root method, im sure he will make one for us.
    Awesome. I also recommend max root video. try YouTube them or visit on htcevohacks.com

Hey there! Having trouble unrooting from thhis method. I ran the RUU and keep getting error 170- usb connection error. Is the driver not installed. Stupid me, when it prompted to install the driver before, I hit 'never for this device'. Any reversal for this??? Thx in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Ky1e.YC View Post
    got a rookie question here. what's big improvement for 2nd part root? i mean, i know it remove NAND RW permission and etc, but can anyone give some brief image here what we can do differently if we just have 1st part root?

In addition, if i used rom manager for flash recovery on the 1st part, can i still use this instruction for the 2nd part? (I mean, i did install SDK, ADB Driver on my pc, so starting shell in cmd prompt is not a problem)
    The difference is now you dont need to be at your cpu with the SDK installed to get into custom recovery. So you can get into recovery without hooking up the phone to anything. You can flash ROMs on the go, or wherever you are at the moment. You can also access the system through android, so using apps like root explorer can remove those unwanted apps now really simple. Lots of other benefits too, but thats my preference.

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by swazedahustla View Post
    The difference is now you dont need to be at your cpu with the SDK installed to get into custom recovery. So you can get into recovery without hooking up the phone to anything. You can flash ROMs on the go, or wherever you are at the moment. You can also access the system through android, so using apps like root explorer can remove those unwanted apps now really simple. Lots of other benefits too, but thats my preference.
    sweet. so that means i can use ROM Manager flash recovery after full root, then i can get recovery menu any time i want w/o computer, right?