Changing SD Card in Rooted/Cyanogenmod..Can I just switch?

monkeypimp

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded to an Evo4glte and am giving my son my OG Evo.... I want to give him an 8gb SDcard I have for him to put in his phone and then take the 16gb card and put it in my new phone.

I am rooted and have Cyanogenmod installed on my OG Evo....can I just switch cards? I did put the old card in but I am not sure where to put the clockworkmod Backup I did of the phone. Do I need to do anything to make sure that I won't have issues?

Thanks

tayl428

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
For the most part, that should be fine. If you moved any apps over to the SD card, they will need to be re-installed or moved off the original card obviously. Unless you have anything you want to keep on the 8mb card, I would recommend a re-format of it to keep things clean, but that's me.

For the clockworkmod backup, the default location is the /clockworkmod/backup directory.

Don't forget about what accounts (especially Google ones) are set to sync with the phone contacts/calendar/whatever.
SMS messages, calendar, browser history, cookies, bookmarks, and phone log may or may not need to be purged and deleted depending on privacy.
If you use Titanium Backup, you may want to re-backup the apps on the new card.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay