Issues with EVOlutionV8revA

thatwilsonguy

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I know to expect problems when loading custom roms, just looking to know if this is normal or if there are any work arounds.

1. Auto Brightness does not work
2. Unable to add Facebook account
3. get this error "Process com.google.process.gapps" during all types of events (checking email, navigating launcher)
4. If I attempt to go into settings/sounds I get com.android.settings force close (I do have SMS Popup installed)

Last edited:

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Ah, ok, so, yes,

1. Auto brightness doesnt work, that issue should be adressed in v9
2-4, reboot phone and try again.

I'm can run rev b, not overclocked just fine. Give that a shot =)

thatwilsonguy

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Also, FroYo doesn't have Facebook sync. That's for sense.

Thanks for that info. The only reason I really like Facebook intergration is having pictures with contacts. I wish there was a way to migrate those over to Google contacts.

Got revA working. Just wiped and re-flashed. Swapping between V8 and fresh works really well.

The only other HTC warez I miss is the calendar.

mhespenh

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for that info. The only reason I really like Facebook intergration is having pictures with contacts. I wish there was a way to migrate those over to Google contacts.

Got revA working. Just wiped and re-flashed. Swapping between V8 and fresh works really well.

The only other HTC warez I miss is the calendar.

Thanks to spiicytuna for these great tips:

Socialite + SyncMyPix = Roughly the same facebook integration (w/ pics!). Works well together to produce the same effect.

Try the Android Agenda Widget to replace the calendar widget, works quite nicely.

/*
EDIT: Also, welcome to the FroYo club!
*/

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non