Anyone out there use autostarts app?

cbfinger

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone used autostarts on the evo. whenever i try to set an app to not start up on it own. it just thinks and thinks for ever. (like an hour) Also does it have to be running to stop the app from starting.

cbfinger

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I use it with zero problems. Do you have a rooted ROM and USB debugging checked?

Ya I figured that was the problem and it working have you noticed a difference in performance ? I noticed my evo been running slower than usual. I took of my ATK. It ran faster then I notice it started getting slow. Are you running autostarts with a task killer. P.s. I know the task killer issue has been beat to h...

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
I don't run a task killer, but i have edited the boot image of the phone to keep more memory free. Try minfree manager from the market, it does the same thing.

cbfinger

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Neither lol. It monitors your memory and changes the thresholds Android uses to keep free RAM. It's like having a custom boot image, but you only have to DL a free app from the market :)

how did you set yours up is there a thread that speaks to whats the best way to set up memory management? thanks so much for your time and input i'm definitely a noob so the help is amazing

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Start up minFree manager, (hit back button to make keyboard go away) hit menu > presets. Set it to aggressive.

Then menu > apply.

Beats the hell out of a task killer, and when combined with autostarts to kill things like nascar and sprint navi from starting whenever they please makes a huge difference.

cbfinger

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Start up minFree manager, (hit back button to make keyboard go away) hit menu > presets. Set it to aggressive.

Then menu > apply.

Beats the hell out of a task killer, and when combined with autostarts to kill things like nascar and sprint navi from starting whenever they please makes a huge difference.

Thank you so much it is greatly appreciated

DroidGnome

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Anyone notice that 'google services framework' appears disabled in the "During Startup" section?? I haven't changed any settings yet myself, and thought this seemed kind of odd...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma