Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Global Posts
    1,158 Global Posts
    ROM
    The 1 with the GEEBEES

Quote Originally Posted by liquidjesus View Post
    fixed!
    If i get a replacement phone that has the latest update already installed. Can i use this to bring this phone back to stock and then root??
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

ROM
    ACS Jelly Bean RC1, Stock

Quote Originally Posted by BigRick10 View Post
    If i get a replacement phone that has the latest update already installed. Can i use this to bring this phone back to stock and then root??
    Unfortunately not, the latest updater changed the hboot, so you cant use an older RUU to downgrade. However. There is now a way to root the newest OTA via a adobe flash exploit =)

"In Soviet Russia, Android roots you!"

I'm here because like you, I have questions that I need answered, and help those like me, with questions of their own.
    "If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
    -Isaac Newton, Letter to Robert Hooke, February 5, 1675

Global Posts
    1,158 Global Posts
    ROM
    The 1 with the GEEBEES

Default re: [How To] Unroot and return to stock [RUU Method]

Yeah but I can not figure out adb if my life depended on it lol

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by BigRick10 View Post
    Yeah but I can not figure out adb if my life depended on it lol

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk
    Hahaha its not that bad, just make sure you have all the files some place local, like the in the main c directory, and follow the instructions.

I'm here because like you, I have questions that I need answered, and help those like me, with questions of their own.

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

If I've rooted using the new OTA Version Root Guide and I need to revert back to stock for some reason, can I use the OP instructions to have it come back to 1.47 stock as if I never touched it?

Quote Originally Posted by danootz View Post
    If I've rooted using the new OTA Version Root Guide and I need to revert back to stock for some reason, can I use the OP instructions to have it come back to 1.47 stock as if I never touched it?
    Yes...

if my 4g radio is not working will unrooting it and going back to stock fix that.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    if my 4g radio is not working will unrooting it and going back to stock fix that.
    Indeed it will, but you could try flashing a different radio instead first.

im having some issues on this

I rooted using SimpleRoot OTA 1.47

now im going go back because i cant get 4g working even with the new radio and wimax flash.

so im trying the RUU and get to the point where i run it a 2nd time while its on the bootloader screen and the first time it asks to upgrade from version 1.17.xxx

when it comes up the 2nd time it asks to upgrade from version 1.47.xxx

im using the 1.32 ruu to flash back to stock....but it says its the wrong RUU and to get the correct one.

any ideas?

by some gift from god I finally got it to work, cant tell you how though

I try over and over again :/ no luck...help!
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #37  

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by dhMassacre View Post
    I try over and over again :/ no luck...help!
    tell me what your method, and whats going wrong?

I followed the instructions to the T, and when it verifys phone info...it hangs, then says USB disconnected or whatever that error is. I just want to restore :/
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #39  

ROM

lol, you will get usb errors, its no biggie, keep trying. Make sure you are using the correct RUU per your version. And make sure your phone is at the white android screen.

Also if your recovering from a 2.2 rom, you might try to flash a 2.1 rom, and then recover.

I got it, FINALLY. I was using the wrong RUU...thanks

I've tried this about 15 times....get the usb error every time...I'm at 1.47, using the 1.47 RUU...my HBOOT is .79. What am I doing wrong...I have to return this in about an hour and I can not get it to work at all! I did a wipe...where do I need to be for this to work?

I can get the 1.32 RUU's to connect, but error out when updating signature with Bootloader Error.
    Last edited by Tattrpuff; 07-20-2010 at 06:26 PM.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #42  

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Tattrpuff View Post
    I've tried this about 15 times....get the usb error every time...I'm at 1.47, using the 1.47 RUU...my HBOOT is .79. What am I doing wrong...I have to return this in about an hour and I can not get it to work at all! I did a wipe...where do I need to be for this to work?

I can get the 1.32 RUU's to connect, but error out when updating signature with Bootloader Error.
    Did you install the drivers i h ave listed above??

Did you run the phone in the boot loader? I found this to be extremely helpful. If that doesn't work, flash a 2.1 pre OTA rom, such as one of the first RvU's. Give that a go.

Thanked by:

If you talking about HTC sync...yeah I installed that. What version is it suppose to be...cause mine is the newest...2.0.33. I just reinstalled it...we'll give it another go. But I don't think I'll be able to Flash another room, because some how in my frenzy of trying to get it figured out I updated the HBOOT to .79 and I think I have to have .76 to flash a rom. lets see. And yes, sorry I'm starting from Bootloader...

Nope not working...I will try to flash RvU's...
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #45  

ROM

Let me know, very weired situation. I'll do some digging.

Thank you liquid! Flashing back to RvU's 1.3.2 worked just how your OP described! That was weird...it was as if there was something in 1.47 rooted stock rom that wouldn't connect to the 1.47 RUU. But even weirder, when I ran the 1.47 RUU the first time it says I had RvU's rom installed...then when I restarted 6-8 after an error... and it said I had 1.47 going to 1.47. CRAZY! But got it to work, and after all of that they never once looked at the phone!! I wanted to scream...LOOK, LOOK at the phone...its completely STOCK! Thanks again liquid!

i cant get mine to connect keep getting usb error after like 10 trys

got hboot 0.76.2000 and radio 1.36.00.04.02
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #49  

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by denisonbeau01 View Post
    got hboot 0.76.2000 and radio 1.36.00.04.02
    Lucly neither of those matters much. are you following the guide exactly? Using the correct RUU?

If it still doesnt work, Flash the first RvU rom (its sticked), dont install any updates, and then run the original RUU

Global Posts
    376 Global Posts

sorry for the noob question, but I have tried searching the forums without any good results...if I root with unrevoked3 only for the wireless tethering option and DON'T change any ROMs etc, do I need to un-root before an OTA. If yes, is there a simple way to un-root from unrevoked3 without wiping the phone (my understanding is that RUU wipes the phone)?
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast