Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Bikram72 View Post
    After I did toasts part 2, I ran the latest RUU and still got the 170 usb error. I then tried the 1.32.651.6 RUU and it worked like a charm.

Do you guyz think that the person checking my phone will look at the pri version to see if i had rooted it?? theres a way to flash 1.40 but i just unrooted and dont want to have to go down that route again until i get my new phone.

Thanks guyz
    YEAH!!!! Perfect. If you are at RUU'ed 1.32.651.6, you should be able to update your PRI through system update, if you are on stock shouldn't you? I believe I did when I turned mine back in. But the guys at radio shack didn't check anything on it at all! Have you tried to up date it now you are stock with the latest RUU? I wouldn't think you would have any problem what so ever.
    HTC Evo4G
    ENG-HBOOT 0.76.2000
    Amon RA Recovery 1.8.0
    Rooted Stock 3.29.651.5 (Froyo)

ROM
    Rooted Stock Jelly Bean

I ended up doing the ota update to 1.47 so now i everything is stock and upto date cept for the pri which is basically stuck at 1.34 because it is modified by the eng hboot and stays that way even after running a RUU.

best solution, but i have already unrooted so i cant do it.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #78  

ROM
    ACS Jelly Bean RC1, Stock

I ended up doing the ota update to 1.47 so now i everything is stock and upto date cept for the pri which is basically stuck at 1.34 because it is modified by the eng hboot and stays that way even after running a RUU.

best solution, but i have already unrooted so i cant do it.
    isnt there an option some where to update pri?

i dont think its a big deal, i dont think they'll notice, but if they do play dumb.

"In Soviet Russia, Android roots you!"

I'm here because like you, I have questions that I need answered, and help those like me, with questions of their own.
    "If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
    -Isaac Newton, Letter to Robert Hooke, February 5, 1675

ROM
    Rooted Stock Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by liquidjesus View Post
    isnt there an option some where to update pri?

i dont think its a big deal, i dont think they'll notice, but if they do play dumb.
    haha will do

and there is an option to update the prl, but not the pri.

haha will do

and there is an option to update the prl, but not the pri.
    Your right...I was thinking PRL. No way to update it as such. The link you posted only fakes it, doesn't actually update it.
    HTC Evo4G
    ENG-HBOOT 0.76.2000
    Amon RA Recovery 1.8.0

Default Half-completed, now bricked? :'-(

I was running DC 3.2.3, and so I ran the first RUU (1.32.651.1_Radio_1.39....). After several tries, it started going through the process of getting me back to normal. But it failed partway through, and thereafter I couldn't get it to even make it past the first USB connection error, and I swear I tried 20 times. Now, I get in a boot loop where I just see the white HTC logo for a little bit and then it reboots.

I can get into my RA-evo-v1.7.0.1 recovery after taking out the battery. So I tried restoring my Nandroid backup... No dice, I get the same boot loop. I tried flashing DC 3.2.3, and same boot loop. I tried flashing CM 6, it fails on the assertion on the bootloader version. It seems I'm back to version 0.79 of the bootloader, rather than 0.76.

So I can't boot up, I can't flash either of my ROMs, I can't get back to my backup, and I can't get into adb from the PC because I can't boot up.

Am I totally screwed? What should I do?

Greetings, I have not yet attempted to unroot as stated in this thread, I just want to verify that I will be able to do so successfully.

I did the toast root method part 1 and 2, have used a few roms but my current Rom and Kernel are:

Fresh Evo 1.0.1.
    netarchy-toastmod kernel version 3.7.5
    ClockworkMod recovery 2.5.0.1

I got the phone on release date and did the OTA for updating the SD card issue, after that I rooted and never applied any other OTA update that came out. Should I be safe unrooting and going back to stock using the method on this thread? How can I also verify what version RUU I should use?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by beandog View Post
    I was running DC 3.2.3, and so I ran the first RUU (1.32.651.1_Radio_1.39....). After several tries, it started going through the process of getting me back to normal. But it failed partway through, and thereafter I couldn't get it to even make it past the first USB connection error, and I swear I tried 20 times. Now, I get in a boot loop where I just see the white HTC logo for a little bit and then it reboots.

I can get into my RA-evo-v1.7.0.1 recovery after taking out the battery. So I tried restoring my Nandroid backup... No dice, I get the same boot loop. I tried flashing DC 3.2.3, and same boot loop. I tried flashing CM 6, it fails on the assertion on the bootloader version. It seems I'm back to version 0.79 of the bootloader, rather than 0.76.

So I can't boot up, I can't flash either of my ROMs, I can't get back to my backup, and I can't get into adb from the PC because I can't boot up.

Have you tried any of the other RUUs?
    HTC Evo4G
    ENG-HBOOT 0.76.2000
    Amon RA Recovery 1.8.0
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #84  

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by beandog View Post

Wow, that sounds terrible. I dont know where to start.

I guess if you can load into recovery, while your in recovery you should be able to get ADB to work. Run adb devices" It will show your device serial number as well as the state its in, in this case recovery. Give that a shot.

Down load this link

And try to flash that through recovery. Make sure you do a full wipe.

If that goes through, you should be able to run the 1.47 RUU.

Let me know if that works. We'll go from there.

I'm here because like you, I have questions that I need answered, and help those like me, with questions of their own.

Quote Originally Posted by streetzlegend View Post
    Greetings, I have not yet attempted to unroot as stated in this thread, I just want to verify that I will be able to do so successfully.

I did the toast root method part 1 and 2, have used a few roms but my current Rom and Kernel are:

Fresh Evo 1.0.1.

I got the phone on release date and did the OTA for updating the SD card issue, after that I rooted and never applied any other OTA update that came out. Should I be safe unrooting and going back to stock using the method on this thread? How can I also verify what version RUU I should use?

Just to be safe...I would return back to a rooted stock rom. I would use the ENG-PC36IMG in toasts part two. I believe you will have to do toasts part 2 over again so you can back down. This will put you at version 1.17. Then use the RUU_Supersonic_1.32.651.1_Radio_1.39.00.04.26_release_171253.exe RUU and stick with it if it errors out and you should be good. After that do any OTA updates available, you'll be set!
    HTC Evo4G
    ENG-HBOOT 0.76.2000
    Amon RA Recovery 1.8.0
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #86  

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by streetzlegend View Post

Fresh Evo 1.0.1.

You should be fine, however i recommend wiping and then flashing the rooted stock i posted above prior to running the RUU. If that works i will adjust my guide appropriately.

12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #87  

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Tattrpuff View Post
    Just to be safe...I would return back to a rooted stock rom. I would use the ENG-PC36IMG in toasts part two. I believe you will have to do toasts part 2 over again so you can back down. This will put you at version 1.17. Then use the RUU_Supersonic_1.32.651.1_Radio_1.39.00.04.26_release_171253.exe RUU and stick with it if it errors out and you should be good. After that do any OTA updates available, you'll be set!
    haha one step ahead of me =P

Quote Originally Posted by liquidjesus View Post
    haha one step ahead of me =P
    Just trying to help out!
    HTC Evo4G
    ENG-HBOOT 0.76.2000
    Amon RA Recovery 1.8.0

Dude, this worked like a charm... unrooted and awaiting froyo tomorrow.
    Many thanks!!!
    Cheers

soi if i update on tuesday withoiut returning to stock will it mess me up? and so iff the ruu doesnt work n im on hboot .79 then i need to run the RvU1.0 as update.zip from my recovery? then do the ruu? i have a stock rom with root and the netarchy/toasty kernal
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #91  

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by slvrprelude View Post
    soi if i update on tuesday withoiut returning to stock will it mess me up? and so iff the ruu doesnt work n im on hboot .79 then i need to run the RvU1.0 as update.zip from my recovery? then do the ruu? i have a stock rom with root and the netarchy/toasty kernal
    The RUU should work with the .79 Hboot, however if it doesn't, you could go the eng hboot route.

Installing the update may not mess you up, but will most likely break your root.

Wait until the rooted version comes out, then flash.

whats the eng route? the ruu has given me the usb error over 30 times uninstalled and reinstalled drivers atleast 5 times
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #93  

ROM

whats the eng route? the ruu has given me the usb error over 30 times uninstalled and reinstalled drivers atleast 5 times
    .76 bootloader is referred to as the engineering boot loader.

i believe this is most easily attained with toasts method part 2

so can i just do the simple root program? oposed to the toasty part 2? or do i have to be in the loader white screen/ cuz if i dont go to white screen the ruu works
    Last edited by slvrprelude; 07-30-2010 at 04:17 PM.

so can i just do the simple root program? oposed to the toasty part 2? or do i have to be in the loader white screen/ cuz if i dont go to white screen the ruu works
    Yes you can do Simple Root and get the same result. Make sure you do a Nand backup first.

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    ROM
    Eclipse 3.0 (JB 4.2)

I have read through this entire thread and did not see this mentioned. Can someone please confirm if this works if rooted using unrEVOked 3? I would like to get back to stock.

well i could flash custom roms with unrevoked n had the recovery stuff but no this didnt work untill i flashed some junk and tried simple root and not really sure what i did but finally got a root safe ruu to work and then the signed then did the ota updates and then flashed the new froyo. my hboot went down to .76 the back to .79 when i was thought i had to have .76 but idk it was confusing. and run the ruu not in the bootloader. u cant run the ruu from the white bootloader screen. you do it from the phone so it might work if u skip all the junk and install the windows 7 drivers(assuming ur on it) and just run the signed ruu or older root safe ruu from the home screen with usb debugging on and when it restarts your phone hold don the vol down key to help it in.... mine kept rebooting but didnt want to actualy install till i held the stupid button down. otherwise if u try from he bootloader or so on u get the battery error on a fully charged or you get the usb error even if u do the hboot usb andc wait for it to say plug

Quote Originally Posted by campanth View Post
    I have read through this entire thread and did not see this mentioned. Can someone please confirm if this works if rooted using unrEVOked 3? I would like to get back to stock.
    Yes..it will work. However it seems that the only way that this work in the least frustrating way is use Simple Root first which will put you back at 1.17. Then use the RUU_Supersonic_1.32.651.6_Radio_1.39.00.05.31_release_171253_signed.exe, then either OTA from there or use the newest RUU to get you back to 1.47. The original way that Liquidjesus has in OP works...just doesn't work as quickly as most people want with out the frustration. And this way seems like the long way, but less frustrating. As always NAND Backup before moving forward, even if you want to just return to stock for whatever reason.
    HTC Evo4G
    ENG-HBOOT 0.76.2000
    Amon RA Recovery 1.8.0

Quote Originally Posted by Tattrpuff View Post
    Yes..it will work. However it seems that the only way that this work in the least frustrating way is use Simple Root first which will put you back at 1.17. Then use the RUU_Supersonic_1.32.651.6_Radio_1.39.00.05.31_release_171253_signed.exe, then either OTA from there or use the newest RUU to get you back to 1.47. The original way that Liquidjesus has in OP works...just doesn't work as quickly as most people want with out the frustration. And this way seems like the long way, but less frustrating. As always NAND Backup before moving forward, even if you want to just return to stock for whatever reason.
    link to simple root method?

im stuck too.

Quote Originally Posted by yungwunn911 View Post
    link to simple root method?

im stuck too.
    Search...its your friend.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=21619
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast