Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    ROM
    Eclipse 3.0 (JB 4.2)

Quote Originally Posted by Tattrpuff View Post
    Yes..it will work. However it seems that the only way that this work in the least frustrating way is use Simple Root first which will put you back at 1.17. Then use the RUU_Supersonic_1.32.651.6_Radio_1.39.00.05.31_release_171253_signed.exe, then either OTA from there or use the newest RUU to get you back to 1.47. The original way that Liquidjesus has in OP works...just doesn't work as quickly as most people want with out the frustration. And this way seems like the long way, but less frustrating. As always NAND Backup before moving forward, even if you want to just return to stock for whatever reason.
    Tattrpuff, thanks for the guidance. I successfully applied the Simple Root method, RUU'd back to an unrooted EVO and OTA'd all the way to FROYO. It was time consuming but rather painless. Thanks again!

I don't know what else to do can any one help me. I had it rooted and did a full erase i though that would fix it and no luck. I did everything here and I have done it at least 20 times and still no luck made sure it was the right ruu and nothing can any one help.?????

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by campanth View Post
    Tattrpuff, thanks for the guidance. I successfully applied the Simple Root method, RUU'd back to an unrooted EVO and OTA'd all the way to FROYO. It was time consuming but rather painless. Thanks again!
    Did you use the latest version of Simple Root?

I have unrevoked3 installed and can't RUU. Was that your situation?

Did this, worked perfectly, thanks so much

Really didnt need root and just like doing OTA when new updates hit

For those who used the unrevoked3 method... you just need to follow exactly what he said above.. you have to use the SIMPLE ROOT method and then follow the procedure above.. it should work.. i never really installed a custom rom after i rooted.. cause by the time i rooted 2.2 came out which was my reason for rooting.. so hopefully that clears stuff up for those who did root using unevoked3

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

Default Unrevoked3 won't let go of my phone

I followed the steps described to the best of my ability. Everytime I run the RUU (RUU_Supersonic_1.32.651.1_Radio_1.39.00.04.26_release_171253.exe) it errors with Error 140: Bootloader error. Please help! I am a total noob. I just want to return to stock so that I can use the Sprint OTA Froyo update!

you have to do the simple root.. all you do is download the file on a windows computer HERE IS THE LINK

download run the program and then plug your phone in with usb debugging enabled.. first click the root button then it'll do all this stuff and the command box will turn red and follow the last few lines in the command box.. once thats done let the phone load back to the normal screen (lock screen / home screen). then you hit the 2nd button which is flash recovery. that'll do some more fancy stuff.. once again you'll return to the home screen again and then follow this guide using the 1.32.651.6 version.. just like the other guy said above... worked for me..

downloading froyo currently

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts

I was able to do the simple root, but RUU is failing.

I am getting error 132: SIGNRURE Error.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by AlternetConcept View Post
    you have to do the simple root.. all you do is download the file on a windows computer HERE IS THE LINK

download run the program and then plug your phone in with usb debugging enabled.. first click the root button then it'll do all this stuff and the command box will turn red and follow the last few lines in the command box.. once thats done let the phone load back to the normal screen (lock screen / home screen). then you hit the 2nd button which is flash recovery. that'll do some more fancy stuff.. once again you'll return to the home screen again and then follow this guide using the 1.32.651.6 version.. just like the other guy said above... worked for me..

downloading froyo currently
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #109  

ROM
    ACS Jelly Bean RC1, Stock

You have to use the appropriate RUU with whichever version OTA you have... If you installed the froyo OTA, your SOL.

"In Soviet Russia, Android roots you!"

I'm here because like you, I have questions that I need answered, and help those like me, with questions of their own.
    "If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
    -Isaac Newton, Letter to Robert Hooke, February 5, 1675

I did the simple root I waited until the screen went red and it stated to press the power button to enter the boatloader I pressed then it says to wait till it prompts you to install an update How long do you have to wait? I've been waiting for about 10minutes now.

Global Posts
    559 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by liquidjesus View Post
    You have to use the appropriate RUU with whichever version OTA you have... If you installed the froyo OTA, your SOL.
    Does this included the the early Froyo updaters?

Quote Originally Posted by gottria View Post
    Does this included the the early Froyo updaters?
    In this instance Froyo is Froyo...no matter the build number.

Quote Originally Posted by Bizzare View Post
    I did the simple root I waited until the screen went red and it stated to press the power button to enter the boatloader I pressed then it says to wait till it prompts you to install an update How long do you have to wait? I've been waiting for about 10minutes now.
    Start over....reread it again. If you are doing it how you state above...you missed step 2 and 3.

Okay I am having major problems. I have installed the rooted froyo from odex. I would like to go back to 2.1 and be unrooted and install the unrooted froyo as I don't want to be rooted any more. Everytime I try I get Error 140: Bootloader error. Is there anything I can try?

Quote Originally Posted by campanth View Post
    I'm glad it worked for you.

Quote Originally Posted by tpdtopcop View Post
    Okay I am having major problems. I have installed the rooted froyo from odex. I would like to go back to 2.1 and be unrooted and install the unrooted froyo as I don't want to be rooted any more. Everytime I try I get Error 140: Bootloader error. Is there anything I can try?
    You can try to flash RvU's first rom...it's stickied. Then follow my post a couple pages back...about using Simple Root...then the 2nd in the list of RUUs the signed one. But you might be SOL since you have a Froyo rom installed.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #117  

ROM
    ACS Jelly Bean RC1, Stock

Default re: [How To] Unroot and return to stock [RUU Method]

If you flash rvu you'll be good. As far as I know if you wipe. You can flash any Rom, even between versions.

Install the original 3.2 rvu.
    Then run the original ruu
    Update to your hearts content

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

"In Soviet Russia, Android roots you!"

I'm here because like you, I have questions that I need answered, and help those like me, with questions of their own.
    "If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
    -Isaac Newton, Letter to Robert Hooke, February 5, 1675

Start over....reread it again. If you are doing it how you state above...you missed step 2 and 3.
    what are steps 2 and 3?

First off, andorid newb here so be gentle

Here is the issue I am having right now. I followed toast's method of rooting my evo but would like to restore it back to stock.

I tried downloading HTC Sync (Update: i don't have any versions on my computer but would the stock version that was on my SD Card do the trick for all intent and purposes?), (which I keept getting errors on that page that you linked so if there is a mirror or some other means to download that would be great) and i have the RUU downloaded that you suggested.

If I back this up will that enable me to get the Froyo upgrade OTA?

Also i had heard that a sprint store would be able to install the update if you take it to a store. Would the be able to tell that the phone was rooted or unrooted if this method is followed successfully?
    Last edited by therealmkl; 08-04-2010 at 12:53 AM. Reason: see update

Quote Originally Posted by Bizzare View Post
    what are steps 2 and 3?
    ....the buttons in Simple Root

Quote Originally Posted by therealmkl View Post
    First off, andorid newb here so be gentle

Here is the issue I am having right now. I followed toast's method of rooting my evo but would like to restore it back to stock.

I tried downloading HTC Sync, (which I keept getting errors on that page that you linked so if there is a mirror or some other means to download that would be great) and i have the RUU downloaded that you suggested.

If I back this up will that enable me to get the Froyo upgrade OTA?

Also i had heard that a sprint store would be able to install the update if you take it to a store. Would the be able to tell that the phone was rooted or unrooted if this method is followed successfully?
    Yes they can tell...don't take it there. When you get it back stock...it will update you OTA....you have to have 1.47 to install 2.2. Go to htc.com and find HTC Sync and install it.

....the buttons in Simple Root
    Tattpuff Thanks for working with me is there any way I can get a step by step.

Default I'm at my wits end

First off, please forgive me. Obviously I am newbie, noob, ***** or whatever an inexperienced Android user is called who probably should not be messing around with rooting. I feel I have done my due diligence by reading posts on this topic (including this one several times) but just not getting anywhere. I have tried just about every suggestion but still not having any luck unrooting and getting back to stock. My goal is to bail on rooting, install Froyo and live happily ever after. With that said, here is my situation:

I have Unrevoked 3 installed

Firmware: 2.1-update1

Baseband version: 2.05.00.06.10

Build Number: 1.47.651.1 CL195459 release-keys

Software number: 1.47.651.1

Is more of this type of information needed?

I started off by following the steps at the beginning of this thread. I downloaded and installed HTC Sync from the link provided (although I never noticed it doing anything during my many attempts at this unrooting). I took a guess and of the three RUU’s available for download went with RUU Supersonic 1.47.651.1 Radio 2.05.00.06.10 release CL195459.exe. (matching to numbers off my EVO). After several attempts I never made it past ERROR [170]: USB CONNECTION ERROR. I am able to connect to HTC Sync...

Next I read about installing SimpleRoot, then following the steps at the beginning of this tread using RUU Supersonic 1.32.651.6 Radio 1.39.00.05.31 release 171253 signed.exe. It looks like many have had luck this way. Not me. Hell, I am having zero luck getting SimpleRoot installed! I get to the red screen on my PC. EVO gets to a point where it is “checking (PC36IMGzip)” but never installs. After a few minutes it reverts back to the bootloader screen. I have tried that several times with the same failing results.

I realize I have written a novel here. But if there is any more information I can provide to get unrooted from Unrevoked3 and back to stock, please let me know.

Thanks!

I (along with many others) have been having the same issue for the last couple of days.

The good news is that it is possible to get rid of unrevoked. Here is a link on how to do it.

It is working great for me.

Good luck.
    Thanked by:

You can try to flash RvU's first rom...it's stickied. Then follow my post a couple pages back...about using Simple Root...then the 2nd in the list of RUUs the signed one. But you might be SOL since you have a Froyo rom installed.
    Where and what is RvU? Where is it stickied at?

Quote Originally Posted by liquidjesus View Post
    If you flash rvu you'll be good. As far as I know if you wipe. You can flash any Rom, even between versions.

Install the original 3.2 rvu.
    Then run the original ruu
    Update to your hearts content

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    Where can I get the original 3.2rvu? What is the original ruu?

Thanks

topcop
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast