[How To] Unroot and return to stock [RUU Method]

Bizzare

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I don't know what else to do can any one help me. I had it rooted and did a full erase i though that would fix it and no luck. I did everything here and I have done it at least 20 times and still no luck made sure it was the right ruu and nothing can any one help.?????

jonsdad

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Tattrpuff, thanks for the guidance. I successfully applied the Simple Root method, RUU'd back to an unrooted EVO and OTA'd all the way to FROYO. It was time consuming but rather painless. Thanks again!

Did you use the latest version of Simple Root?

I have unrevoked3 installed and can't RUU. Was that your situation?

AlternetConcept

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
For those who used the unrevoked3 method... you just need to follow exactly what he said above.. you have to use the SIMPLE ROOT method and then follow the procedure above.. it should work.. i never really installed a custom rom after i rooted.. cause by the time i rooted 2.2 came out which was my reason for rooting.. so hopefully that clears stuff up for those who did root using unevoked3

Enderend

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Unrevoked3 won't let go of my phone

I followed the steps described to the best of my ability. Everytime I run the RUU (RUU_Supersonic_1.32.651.1_Radio_1.39.00.04.26_release_171253.exe) it errors with Error 140: Bootloader error. Please help! I am a total noob. I just want to return to stock so that I can use the Sprint OTA Froyo update!

AlternetConcept

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
you have to do the simple root.. all you do is download the file on a windows computer HERE IS THE LINK

[Program] Updated: 1 Click SimpleRoot OTA 1.47.651.1 Edition - xda-developers

download run the program and then plug your phone in with usb debugging enabled.. first click the root button then it'll do all this stuff and the command box will turn red and follow the last few lines in the command box.. once thats done let the phone load back to the normal screen (lock screen / home screen). then you hit the 2nd button which is flash recovery. that'll do some more fancy stuff.. once again you'll return to the home screen again and then follow this guide using the 1.32.651.6 version.. just like the other guy said above... worked for me..

downloading froyo currently :D

jonsdad

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I was able to do the simple root, but RUU is failing.

I am getting error 132: SIGNRURE Error.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

you have to do the simple root.. all you do is download the file on a windows computer HERE IS THE LINK

[Program] Updated: 1 Click SimpleRoot OTA 1.47.651.1 Edition - xda-developers

download run the program and then plug your phone in with usb debugging enabled.. first click the root button then it'll do all this stuff and the command box will turn red and follow the last few lines in the command box.. once thats done let the phone load back to the normal screen (lock screen / home screen). then you hit the 2nd button which is flash recovery. that'll do some more fancy stuff.. once again you'll return to the home screen again and then follow this guide using the 1.32.651.6 version.. just like the other guy said above... worked for me..

downloading froyo currently :D

Bizzare

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I did the simple root I waited until the screen went red and it stated to press the power button to enter the boatloader I pressed then it says to wait till it prompts you to install an update How long do you have to wait? I've been waiting for about 10minutes now.

Tattrpuff

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I did the simple root I waited until the screen went red and it stated to press the power button to enter the boatloader I pressed then it says to wait till it prompts you to install an update How long do you have to wait? I've been waiting for about 10minutes now.

Start over....reread it again. If you are doing it how you state above...you missed step 2 and 3.

tpdtopcop#AC

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Okay I am having major problems. I have installed the rooted froyo from odex. I would like to go back to 2.1 and be unrooted and install the unrooted froyo as I don't want to be rooted any more. Everytime I try I get Error 140: Bootloader error. Is there anything I can try?

Tattrpuff

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Okay I am having major problems. I have installed the rooted froyo from odex. I would like to go back to 2.1 and be unrooted and install the unrooted froyo as I don't want to be rooted any more. Everytime I try I get Error 140: Bootloader error. Is there anything I can try?

You can try to flash RvU's first rom...it's stickied. Then follow my post a couple pages back...about using Simple Root...then the 2nd in the list of RUUs the signed one. But you might be SOL since you have a Froyo rom installed.

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
If you flash rvu you'll be good. As far as I know if you wipe. You can flash any Rom, even between versions.

Install the original 3.2 rvu.
Then run the original ruu
Update to your hearts content

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

therealmkl

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
First off, andorid newb here so be gentle

Here is the issue I am having right now. I followed toast's method of rooting my evo but would like to restore it back to stock.

I tried downloading HTC Sync (Update: i don't have any versions on my computer but would the stock version that was on my SD Card do the trick for all intent and purposes?), (which I keept getting errors on that page that you linked so if there is a mirror or some other means to download that would be great) and i have the RUU downloaded that you suggested.

If I back this up will that enable me to get the Froyo upgrade OTA?

Also i had heard that a sprint store would be able to install the update if you take it to a store. Would the be able to tell that the phone was rooted or unrooted if this method is followed successfully?

Last edited:

Tattrpuff

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
First off, andorid newb here so be gentle

Here is the issue I am having right now. I followed toast's method of rooting my evo but would like to restore it back to stock.

I tried downloading HTC Sync, (which I keept getting errors on that page that you linked so if there is a mirror or some other means to download that would be great) and i have the RUU downloaded that you suggested.

If I back this up will that enable me to get the Froyo upgrade OTA?

Also i had heard that a sprint store would be able to install the update if you take it to a store. Would the be able to tell that the phone was rooted or unrooted if this method is followed successfully?

Yes they can tell...don't take it there. When you get it back stock...it will update you OTA....you have to have 1.47 to install 2.2. Go to htc.com and find HTC Sync and install it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan