Rooting Help

theboyshort

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone. I recently bought a Sprint Evo 4g off a friend. It has a bad esn so I figured I would root it and use it as an mp3 player. I soon realized that it is much harder to root than my previous phone (Optimus V). However I refuse to accept defeat so I am here asking for help.

I have a desktop but I have wifi at my house so I have no way to connect it to the internet. When I rooted my Optimus I downloaded the files to my phone then transferred them via USB cable. I plan to do the same with this phone. Is there a rooting method that will allow this?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

cbucz24

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
You want to download them to your phone then transfer them to your PC? I'm confused??
wouldn't it be easier to download straight your PC?
As far as rooting, there's so many variables in the evo. I also have a v.
There's tons of info out there, but before you start you need to know your hboot and radio version.

theboyshort

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I know that there are files and programs that are needed to root this phone. My desktop cannot connect to wifi.

SUPERSONIC EVT3 SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-2.18.0001
RADIO-2.15.00.12.19

cbucz24

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Ummm, I don't believe you can do it without having the files on the desktop. Search at AF, there's a guide for 2.18. Its a 2 part process.
First you will have to go to htcdev an unlock the boot loader.
Then you should be able to do the 2nd part with unrevoked.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

audiman2001

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Download the files to your computer and then use an SD card to transfer the data from the PC to your phone..

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance