If rooted, can we install the HTC update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saepak

May 9, 2010
Visit site
nothing has released today, it is expected to be on the 28th, Phil talked about it yesterday, but it isn't out yet. If you are rooted, and want to stay that way you should not install it until the devs here or over at XDA or unRevoked have cleared it, unless you want to be a guinea pig for us.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
nothing has released today, it is expected to be on the 28th, Phil talked about it yesterday, but it isn't out yet. If you are rooted, and want to stay that way you should not install it until the devs here or over at XDA or unRevoked have cleared it, unless you want to be a guinea pig for us.

LOL. I just realized that you're the only one who bothered to answer the OP's question.

Sorry sveilien :p

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
You SHOULD NOT install any ota updates EVER!!! you will kill your root....

you have to wait for new ROM's that have the update implemented

Saepak

May 9, 2010
Visit site
The reason peeps say not to install the OTA's is mainly so that the DEVS can make sure that it doesn't block ROOT. An OTA, can make it to where you can not root your phone again, or BRICK them if you have a custom rom installed. If you want to take the chance of never being able to Root your phone again then yes go right ahead and install them on the UnrEVOked 1, not 2.

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Can Someone Extract this file and Post it up at a .zip

I will Attempt to install with Clockwork...

I Tried doing it but the update just Freezes on Install...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21