1.47.651.1 rooted ROM? Post here!

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Anyway....we need the new radio .zip because 4G does not work without it. :mad:

And Nand is acting up... I Cant restore back to my Stock w/root... Apparently you can flash right over your Current Rom to not lose your set up... but im stuck now...

Ideas?

Mine says MD5 mismatch...

12MaNy

Regional Leg Breaker
Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
And Nand is acting up... I Cant restore back to my Stock w/root... Apparently you can flash right over your Current Rom to not lose your set up... but im stuck now...

Ideas?

Mine says MD5 mismatch...

Ooooh....yeah. Sounds like NAND is jacked. Did you originally flash over a deodexed ROM or something? Because that would cause some problems, as the rooted 1.47.651.1 update ROM is odexed. I downgraded to stock rooted ROM before flashing rooted 1.47.651.1 update ROM and NAND is still intact for me. Do you still have recovery?

sveilien

Jun 18, 2010
www.punnyshirts.com
I have it installed and its running smooth so far (minus 4G, tho I never use it). I use Titanium Backup and MyBackup, so though those take longer to restore, they did restore correctly (tho Swype was missing; reinstalled fine).

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Utnick ur a **** ha-ha. Nand is working perfect I flashed to froyo then restored back down and reflashed the update on top its working perfect... anddddddddd no more random reboots the old update had...

4G isn't around my area so I'm not worried

dchamero

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Calkulin has just released a rooted version of the update. It is NOT deodexed, so if you're running a deodexed ROM (Fresh...etc), then dont flash this...just wait for the deodexed version.

Sorry for my n00bness... but, can you enlighten me as to what is a deodexed or a odexed rom, and how would I know if the ROM I am running is deodexed? (I am running OMJ's 1.4)

Thanks!

clsiburt

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Sorry for my n00bness... but, can you enlighten me as to what is a deodexed or a odexed rom, and how would I know if the ROM I am running is deodexed? (I am running OMJ's 1.4)

Thanks!

Found in another forum:

I keep seeing ROMs with "everything deodexed" and I can't seem to find what that means. Whats the benefit of doing it? Whats the point?

Apk files have respective odexes that devs use to supposedly save space. Deodexing means you convert it back to a .dex file and put it back inside the apk. This allows you to easily replace files (not having to worry about odexes), but the main point was to deodex services.jar so that you can change all text to different colors (such as the clock color to white) and to deodex services.jar, you need to deodex everything.

Clear as mud, right? I'm in the same boat there...

EDIT: Just found this too on another completely different forum:

In simple terms it's sort of like decompiling an Android application so you can take it apart and change things about it. There is a more complicated explanation involving the Dalvik Java runtime machine and how dex files are optimized but that seems unnecessary.

The mud is starting to settle to the bottom for me...

Last edited:

clsiburt

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Yes.. I saw that post, but I didn't understand a bit.... that's why I asked here... , sorry

I think you misunderstood. It's not clear to me either. I was not being sarcastic.

The second post I found did make a bit more sense to me though. Assuming it is an accurate analogy.

mhespenh

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Looks like DamageControl is updated (v3.2.2) as of 10pm tonight (6/28). See second post in the XDA thread for details.

Flashing now, will report back.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463