Evo 4g update

wweathers

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I have a Evo 4g that I bought from a friend who says it is rooted. I try to update the phone but it comes up the the triagle exclamation and feezes. I have spent a couple days reading and can't figure out how to update. Could someone please assist me. Thanks in advance.

Current Android 2.2

Last edited:

Illusions

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Be careful not to update using the Sprint update process if you are rooted. Do you know the name and version of the Rom currently installed?

I recommend you do a little research online to familiarize yourself with the phone and software options available. EVO 4G Android Development - xda-developers is a very good site with instructions and available Roms.

Be sure to create a backup of your current Rom (safety net in case of issues) before installing or updating.

Basic Rom installation/update from recovery -
(1) Wipe Data, Cache & Dalvik Cache, and System (optional but recommended the first time)
(2) Flash the ROM
(3) Flash GApps
(4) Reboot the system (first boot will take several minutes)

Last edited:

wweathers

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
SUPERSONIC EVT3 ship S-Off
HBOOT-0.93.0000
MICROP-041f
TOUCH PANEL-ATMELC03_16ac
RADIO-2.15.00.07.28
Jul 23 2010, 16:41:47

Does this tell you anything.

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
You could be rooted but no custom ROM. A lot of people who use the "Revolutionary" method, have issues updating the stock ROM. Just do what a lot of folks have done: Download and run an RUU. It won't be hard to find. Hope it works! And also, your bootloader needs to be locked.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

wweathers

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
How do I know if I have a Custom ROM. Also is there any good step by step articles that anyone could point to me where I could update my phone to newest Android operating system. Also is there information when people ask about my phone that I shouldn't post? I don't mind posting all the info but also am a newbie and want to make sure my phone bill isn't a nice surprise by being cloned or something....LOL

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
How do I know if I have a Custom ROM. Also is there any good step by step articles that anyone could point to me where I could update my phone to newest Android operating system. Also is there information when people ask about my phone that I shouldn't post? I don't mind posting all the info but also am a newbie and want to make sure my phone bill isn't a nice surprise by being cloned or something....LOL

You would be able to tell in the phone seetings. And as for an update to your phone, just use the RUU method. It's an .exe file that updates the firmware for you. Just Google search: "Supersonic RUU". You should be able to find a GingerBread one and all you do is download it, make sure your phone's bootloader is locked, and just boot into Fastboot. Make sure you have HTC drivers, and you should be good.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

Illusions

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
To find your current software version, click on menu button, system settings, about phone...you will see version and software information listed here.

There are a number of Roms available to you. You will need to decide what you want (features and functionality) and then select the appropriate Rom. It is easy to update / install a new Rom if you are rooted. EVO 4G Android Development - xda-developers website has many listed with screen shots, and instructions, so you can make an informed decision.

Just follow the instructions the developer provides and you will be fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar