Can i unroot my evo to install froyo and then re-root it?

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
No, sir. You need root to flash a group Rom.

huh?

Potentially yes, but the is no telling how long it would take for our awesome devs to break into the froyo release to make it rootable. It could be same day, it could be weeks. But eventually you should be able to root the phone after installing the official froyo update.

However, it would probably be best to wait for the rooted 2.2 rom to come out and just flash that.

sergio_sss

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Mmmmmmmm well when i rooted my phone i lost some apps such as fandango and radio time, n for some reason i cant find them anymore on the market, soon i will change my 8gb card to a 32gb, so i also need to format it, i think that i will unroot it n get my apps back n back em up, if the evo was rooted before its release im sure 2.2 will b rooted wittin d next week, much respect to d developers. Thanks yall

UTnick

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Mmmmmmmm well when i rooted my phone i lost some apps such as fandango and radio time, n for some reason i cant find them anymore on the market, soon i will change my 8gb card to a 32gb, so i also need to format it, i think that i will unroot it n get my apps back n back em up, if the evo was rooted before its release im sure 2.2 will b rooted wittin d next week, much respect to d developers. Thanks yall

the missing apps in market happens and there are fixes for it. the rvu rom stickied above fixes it. i would just flash that rom if you wanna stay more or less stock. and i think the froyo roms out there will have the market issue fixed too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance