1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default App Permissions

CM7 has a nice feature called "application permissions" where you can selectively turn off permissions you do not want an app to have....it seems this nice and useful feature was removed from the newer versions -- CM9 and CM10.

Does anyone know of a way to get this functionality back? An app in the market or a new Rom with it built in?

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    CM7 has a nice feature called "application permissions" where you can selectively turn off permissions you do not want an app to have....it seems this nice and useful feature was removed from the newer versions -- CM9 and CM10.

Does anyone know of a way to get this functionality back? An app in the market or a new Rom with it built in?
    Yes. Just go to Google Play and type in "Permission Management" and choose one that seems to fit you well.

Sent from my HTC Vivid V.I. using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: App Permissions

Did not find decent app. All apps have ad issues or poor performance. No real replacement of functionality without huge downside.

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    Did not find decent app. All apps have ad issues or poor performance. No real replacement of functionality without huge downside.
    Give me some time, I'll find the one I used to use, it was great! And if you're worried about ads, just stop the permission for ads on the app itself.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.

ROM
    BlackIce / inbREDed

Default Re: App Permissions

rom toolbox> market will fix permissions as well as other things