Evo won't boot past "htc evo 4g"

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I need help. My rooted evo stops at the boot screen and freezes up.It only happens after I reboot or try to get out of recovery. I've tried backing up, wiping and restoring. Nothing. I've tried wiping cache and dalvik cache. Nothing. I don't know what else to do. I've had to reflash my rom three times now. Can anyone help?

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I need help. My rooted evo stops at the boot screen and freezes up.It only happens after I reboot or try to get out of recovery. I've tried backing up, wiping and restoring. Nothing. I've tried wiping cache and dalvik cache. Nothing. I don't know what else to do. I've had to reflash my rom three times now. Can anyone help?

If you're stock, and locked, just run the RUU. You'll lose root, but your phone will work again and then just root the easy way: flash the SuperUser zip in a custom recovery.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site

Download the ROM again. Might be a bad download. Or try a different ROM. At least you can access recovery.

amonaghan8

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi - I'm having the same problem but I can't seem to find the latest RUU without the site loading a bunch of things to my PC (including changing my browser - sigh now I have to figure out how to get rid of that funmods thing from my google chrome).

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi - I'm having the same problem but I can't seem to find the latest RUU without the site loading a bunch of things to my PC (including changing my browser - sigh now I have to figure out how to get rid of that funmods thing from my google chrome).

You got hit with the Funmods crap??? I kid you not, I swear that it is a virus, and I had to find all the crapware in my hard drive to delete it. Just open Windows Explorer and search "funmod" and delete all files associated with the word in it. And I'm guessing you have the latest HBOOT?

babyaly88

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
is this what's known as boot looping? sorry i'm not tech savvy but my husband is and i'm trying to get my smartphone back online. I have two htc evo v 4gs that did the exact same thing. they would load to the name and then shut down and reload back to the same page over and over until the battery died or was taken out. My husband thinks they're lost causes and that it's a hard drive issue...i'm hoping not. Help?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome