Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Carrier
    CM7?

Default Evo won't boot past "htc evo 4g"

I need help. My rooted evo stops at the boot screen and freezes up.It only happens after I reboot or try to get out of recovery. I've tried backing up, wiping and restoring. Nothing. I've tried wiping cache and dalvik cache. Nothing. I don't know what else to do. I've had to reflash my rom three times now. Can anyone help?

Carrier
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Quote Originally Posted by James Nightmare View Post
    I need help. My rooted evo stops at the boot screen and freezes up.It only happens after I reboot or try to get out of recovery. I've tried backing up, wiping and restoring. Nothing. I've tried wiping cache and dalvik cache. Nothing. I don't know what else to do. I've had to reflash my rom three times now. Can anyone help?
    If you're stock, and locked, just run the RUU. You'll lose root, but your phone will work again and then just root the easy way: flash the SuperUser zip in a custom recovery.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

Carrier
    Decks Reloaded,RebelROM

Default Re: Evo won't boot past "htc evo 4g"

Quote Originally Posted by James Nightmare View Post
    Download the ROM again. Might be a bad download. Or try a different ROM. At least you can access recovery.

Hi - I'm having the same problem but I can't seem to find the latest RUU without the site loading a bunch of things to my PC (including changing my browser - sigh now I have to figure out how to get rid of that funmods thing from my google chrome).

Carrier
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Quote Originally Posted by amonaghan8 View Post
    Hi - I'm having the same problem but I can't seem to find the latest RUU without the site loading a bunch of things to my PC (including changing my browser - sigh now I have to figure out how to get rid of that funmods thing from my google chrome).
    You got hit with the Funmods crap??? I kid you not, I swear that it is a virus, and I had to find all the crapware in my hard drive to delete it. Just open Windows Explorer and search "funmod" and delete all files associated with the word in it. And I'm guessing you have the latest HBOOT?

is this what's known as boot looping? sorry i'm not tech savvy but my husband is and i'm trying to get my smartphone back online. I have two htc evo v 4gs that did the exact same thing. they would load to the name and then shut down and reload back to the same page over and over until the battery died or was taken out. My husband thinks they're lost causes and that it's a hard drive issue...i'm hoping not. Help?