Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Can't go into recovery mode and superuser denying all permissions!!! HELP!!! :(

Hello, I am having issues with recovery mode. I unlocked my bootloader a few months ago with the htcdev method and also rooted it with the stock rom and my phone says:
    *** UNLOCKED ***
    SUPERSONIC EVT2-3 SHIP S-ON
    HBOOT-2.18.0001

When I try to go into recovery mode it doesn't work, it gives me a red exclamation point. I think I screwed up my phone when I updated it to 2.3.5 when I received the OTA update. Also superuser isn't functioning properly, my phone updated it to 3.1.3 over Google play and it denies permissions to everything even itself. I don't know if somehow that unrooted my phone or what happened but please help me. I am a noob to all of this so if you could give me the step by step on what I should do that would really help...

Carrier
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Default Re: Can't go into recovery mode and superuser denying all permissions!!! HELP!!! :(

Quote Originally Posted by hailsusy90 View Post
    Hello, I am having issues with recovery mode. I unlocked my bootloader a few months ago with the htcdev method and also rooted it with the stock rom and my phone says:
    *** UNLOCKED ***
    SUPERSONIC EVT2-3 SHIP S-ON
    HBOOT-2.18.0001

When I try to go into recovery mode it doesn't work, it gives me a red exclamation point. I think I screwed up my phone when I updated it to 2.3.5 when I received the OTA update. Also superuser isn't functioning properly, my phone updated it to 3.1.3 over Google play and it denies permissions to everything even itself. I don't know if somehow that unrooted my phone or what happened but please help me. I am a noob to all of this so if you could give me the step by step on what I should do that would really help...
    The OTA killed your root. Gotta reroot.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using Android Central Forums

Carrier
    Decks Reloaded,RebelROM

Default Re: Can't go into recovery mode and superuser denying all permissions!!! HELP!!! :(

Never accept an OTA when your phone is rooted