4g connection problem fixed quick look at this

sergio_sss

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
SORRY for the lie on the topic but i really need help here.
As everyone knows spring 4g signal sucks and and lot of us are having problems with it. I just spoke with one of their technicians and they wanted me to do a factory reset on the evo to check up on the services. What i dint tell them is that my phone is rooted n I already did a reset on it this past friday and installed the OMJ Custom room. I know resetting my phone wont bring back the 4G connection, they think its my phone which i know it is not, what should I tell them whenever they call back?
I got about 50 minutes left

posguy99

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
I know resetting my phone wont bring back the 4G connection, they think its my phone which i know it is not, what should I tell them whenever they call back?
I got about 50 minutes left

How do you know it's not the phone? Depending on what you've done to the phone in order to root it, and depending on whatever the ROM author did, they may well have trashed the WiMax partition and it may well not be working correctly.

DaddyRey

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I got my evo last thursday and it's not connected to 4G since the get go. Trouble shot it like crazy. Went to a store and the tech there had no clue. i went yesterday and i get new phone tomorrow. I do not think it is the phone either. It has to be soft ware related. My phone detects 4G. It just won't connect it. cycles from scanning, connecting, verifying connection, disconnect scanning. If it were the phone, then 4G would never be detected. One tech hypothesized about the an incompatibility between tower and phone after the last update. Who knows. i don't care as long as my new phone works.

Last edited:

sergio_sss

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
That tech never called me, cause i believe they know they got a ****ti 4g service cause they were supposed to call me back and never did, then I went to the movies, the theatre is right next to the freeway and i was getting 3 bars of 4g, i know its not the phone.
Also, those technicians at the sprint store dont kno **** deep into the electronics of the phones the only thing they do is check if it got water in it, do a restart, n really thats it if they cant solve the problem they will just replace u the phone, I know cause I know two guys who are sprint technicians at the store..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12