OTA simple root

bluediablito

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
hey sorry to sound like a noob (but i am )
so i got my phone on release date......i use easy 1...2...3 root program to root the phone.

my phone was sent back to sprint b/c of the brick update and i got a new one with the current update.......

so juts some questions.........................
1. will this new program fully root my phone? (NAND unlock???)
2. after i use this program what are the next step to live a brick free life? (b4 i flash a rom.......nand backup....ext)
3. what exactly is a radio?
4. Are Roms built with the current Radio? (planing on flashing froyo with sense, evolution9 or x2)
5. what actions can i take to prevent a brick.
6. how easily can i update the rom/ and will the rom block any other OTA updates?

thanks in advance..........

DocPeanut

May 22, 2010
Visit site
1. Yes, it will give you full root, including NAND unlock
2. Download ROM Manager from the market and run that to flash your ROM, make sure you do a full wipe prior to flashing
3. A radio is what enables 3g/4g signals. There are downloads on XDA forums for a 4g radio if you need it
4. Some ROMs are, some are not. Best bet is to read what the developer had added prior to flashing
5. Say a prayer, and always fully wipe prior to flashing a new ROM. Also use a ROM with prior reviews from users. Stability is key to a good ROM
6. You can easily update ROM's using ROM Manager, do not allow any OTA updates.

bluediablito

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
thank you for the quick reply
so correct me if i am wrong please..............
steps to live the evo-life
1.save everything i want to my pc
2.do a factory reset. holding power button and the volume button.
3.use SimpleRoot OTA 1.47 to root.
4.backup my nandroid with ROM Manager from the market ( i will do 3 backup to be safe)
5.use ROM Manager to wipe and the flash rom froyo sense.(if Rom-manager does not wipe then how would i wipe b4 i flash)?
6.don't worry about my radio b/c in nyc they barely have 4g
7. run away from the OTA cops don't update only flash update....

anything else i should do to enjoy my evo to the fullest?

and thank you once more

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
So I have Titanium Backup from when I had root.
However, I don't have superuser permissions cause I unrooted and did the OTA a while ago (stupid me).

Anyway, is there a way I can atleast backup some apps+data?

stoneworrior

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
When you get to step four how long does it take? My command prompt has been on step four about 20 minutes now. The phone rebooted and this is what the command prompt has been on for twenty minutes or so >

* daemon started successfully *
Waiting on phone...
Starting Part 2...

DocPeanut

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Part 4 should only take a few minutes. Honestly the whole process took me less than 10 minutes start to finish.

I'm really not sure about backups and why the phone has to be reset to factory.

stoneworrior

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Sorry

Part 4 should only take a few minutes. Honestly the whole process took me less than 10 minutes start to finish.

I'm really not sure about backups and why the phone has to be reset to factory.

Sorry I didn't see you responded. Guess windows boned me. I am starting over

DocPeanut

May 22, 2010
Visit site
No worries, if it still hangs up on you, reboot your computer and phone, just be sure to unplug your phone from the computer first

Tattrpuff

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Silly question, but why does this entail having to factory reset the phone?

Because in order to for a root to work it has to have a clean slate. Then it flashes the rooted previous version of the OTA. If you don't factory reset and start new, there are a lot of problems that can occur from old data.

jasonmoore

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I never did the update and I am using unrevoked to use wireless tether. I am not interested in any of the roms right now. Is there any reason to update and then use this root method? If I update then use this method will I get the benefiets of the update or does this revert me back to the version that I am currently running?

Tattrpuff

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I never did the update and I am using unrevoked to use wireless tether. I am not interested in any of the roms right now. Is there any reason to update and then use this root method? If I update then use this method will I get the benefiets of the update or does this revert me back to the version that I am currently running?

Battery life and stability is alone enough to update. This is just a root method you would have to still flash a rooted rom in order to do anything. Check the process I think would work well for you. It's the stock rom, basically setting up with the new OTA with full root.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc...-1-47-651-1-stock-rom-no-adbs-check-here.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo