Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Looking for a GOOD ROM

I am NEW to the Android system and have been looking all over for a good ROM that is very stable and current, I have look at the STICKY thread but some of it seems greek to me and not really any of them are done after the HTC Update. Can someone turn me onto a good ROM please.... I am kinda looking for a more STOCK Android ROM with out all the bloatware from Sprint it it.

ROM
    ACS Jelly Bean RC1, Stock

RvU , nuff said

"In Soviet Russia, Android roots you!"

I'm here because like you, I have questions that I need answered, and help those like me, with questions of their own.
    "If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
    -Isaac Newton, Letter to Robert Hooke, February 5, 1675

Is RvU seeing any more updates?

Damage Control and Fresh seem to be the most commonly talked about ROMs, but that doesn't mean other ones are bad. DC feels a little closer to stock, and seems to get more frequent updates.

Another option is to get a bare rooted stock rom, and then remove stuff yourself.

ROM

Typically RvU doesn't release a rom till its good to go. This eliminates the need for frequent updates. But to each his own. Check out the One stop rom shop in sticky.

I'm here because like you, I have questions that I need answered, and help those like me, with questions of their own.

ROM

I like Super MarioKart for SNES... Thats a Fun Rom

Mario 3

uhhh yea thats all the ones i have...

But for real... One stop shop for all your Rom needs... t0ast3d did a good job there.
    Arrogant Linux Elitist

Lj, hows the battery life on rvu?

I'm running baked snack right now, its decent thee but wanting to see what else is available.

Global Posts
    2,454 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Root

Damage Control is what I use and it is a really great rom. No complaints here.

When I switched to Fresh 0.3, I instantly went from 10 hours max before to 30 hours max now. Fresh takes most of the bloatware out and makes it re-installable if you so choose. I really like it and haven't felt the need to switch to the newer rom they have yet.
    US Cellular Samsung GS3

Rooted and Ready!

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by DocPeanut View Post
    Lj, hows the battery life on rvu?

I'm running baked snack right now, its decent thee but wanting to see what else is available.
    Its great, with OC, and setCPU profiles set up properly, i get a solid day out of my charge. Thats with regular use. Without overclock i was getting a 1.5 days easy, no cpu under clocking. But with the new RvU, if you follow the setCPU underclocking guidelines in that thread, you'll be blown away by the battery life...

Lj, can you link me to that thread please?

ROM

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...upport-57.html

page 57 should have a pic of keith's profiles set up. Look a little further for gb's oc kernel.

I'm not against rooting, but if you really want a "very stable and current" ROM use the one that came from HTC. Nothing you'll find "in the wild" has been tested a thoroughly as the factory ROM. They may offer certain advantages and benefits, but stability is rarely one of them.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    I'm not against rooting, but if you really want a "very stable and current" ROM use the one that came from HTC. Nothing you'll find "in the wild" has been tested a thoroughly as the factory ROM. They may offer certain advantages and benefits, but stability is rarely one of them.
    obviously you're clueless

Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    obviously you're clueless
    I wouldn't go as far as to say clueless, meyerweb's statement seems logical, but in my experience so far I disagree. Yes HTC has way more time and money to put into this compared to the community developers, but I have had no more (or maybe even less) bugginess with damage control and fresh than with the stock rom.

HTC makes a lot of slightly different phones, and they purposely add extra layers of complexity. Additionally these custom roms are hardly hacks like they would be with WinMo or iOS, since most of what is changed on these roms is open source bits.

I do tend to avoid new rom releases until they have been out a couple of days and I can see solid comments in the threads indicating no problems. Also some of the less used roms have trouble. I like bugless beast best, but it has some pretty bothersome bugs. But in the end I don't think HTCs work is necessarily any more refined than some of the better 3rd party ROMs.

I've looked at most of the roms that are listed in the sticky while trying to find something.

I like RvU a lot, but just installed Juggs. It might take over as my primary rom. It's still a wip, but the core of it seems stable. He's going to be adding some more changes coming soon, and a few more apps too.

I loaded RvU last night and the superuser permission kept force closing.