EVO 4G s-off but no Super User or Recovery from Boot
Hi all-pretty strange I started off with a 2.3.3 HTC EVO from Sprint running 5.something and I followed the procedures on HTC EVO HACKS painstakinglyI defintely had SuperUser at one time and then I followed the procedure to flash the PC36IMG.zip which seemed to work fine and now I have s-off but no Super User and when I select recovery from Bootloader the phone bricks.I have to pull the battery and boot up again.
Now my phone reports as 4.24 ,Baseband 2.15,Android 2.3.3.
Any ideas how I can fix this?I wiped my SD card while I was at it and set up a sweet running/looking stock version with Go Launcher and I really don't want to have to do all of that over again.Phone is actually running great right now but I wouldn't mind trying CM10.No way to backup without recovery mode working!
Any suggestions are much appreciated.
- 11-15-2012, 06:53 AM #2Flashoholic!!
- 1,540 Posts
- Bad Boyz Rom
Re: EVO 4G s-off but no Super User or Recovery from Boot
Did you you reinstall your recovery? The PC36IMG was a RUU which flashed you back to stock. Install a recovery and when you flash a custom rom of your choice it will be rooted and you will have root access again
- 11-15-2012, 01:48 PM #5
- By pdred in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 3Last Post: 02-13-2014, 12:46 AM
- By crazypersonifyd in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 5Last Post: 04-19-2012, 06:32 AM
- By Ryanbradley in forum HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 10Last Post: 02-03-2011, 02:06 AM
- By buggyman in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 8Last Post: 12-30-2010, 08:58 AM
- By theroncr in forum HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 7Last Post: 12-24-2010, 05:59 PM