Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default EVO 4G s-off but no Super User or Recovery from Boot

Hi all-pretty strange I started off with a 2.3.3 HTC EVO from Sprint running 5.something and I followed the procedures on HTC EVO HACKS painstakinglyI defintely had SuperUser at one time and then I followed the procedure to flash the PC36IMG.zip which seemed to work fine and now I have s-off but no Super User and when I select recovery from Bootloader the phone bricks.I have to pull the battery and boot up again.
    Now my phone reports as 4.24 ,Baseband 2.15,Android 2.3.3.
    Any ideas how I can fix this?I wiped my SD card while I was at it and set up a sweet running/looking stock version with Go Launcher and I really don't want to have to do all of that over again.Phone is actually running great right now but I wouldn't mind trying CM10.No way to backup without recovery mode working!
    Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks!
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

Default Re: EVO 4G s-off but no Super User or Recovery from Boot

Did you you reinstall your recovery? The PC36IMG was a RUU which flashed you back to stock. Install a recovery and when you flash a custom rom of your choice it will be rooted and you will have root access again
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by benny3 View Post
    Did you you reinstall your recovery? The PC36IMG was a RUU which flashed you back to stock. Install a recovery and when you flash a custom rom of your choice it will be rooted and you will have root access again
    Thanks is there any way that I can just get Super User installed and then use ROM manager for backups/restores etc?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Ok I was able to flash Amon Ra 2.3 and do a backup.Hopefully I am good now.I guess most custom ROMs will come with Super User baked in.Hopefully because I can't download it anywhere.
    Thanks for the advice!
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

No problem. Glad you got it going again