So I just got my replacement HTC Evo from the insurance, I'm currently trying to root it. Issue I'm facing is that the SD card I have has a recovery zip file & the hboot is trying to parse the recovery file. I would like to know if that I turn off the phone can the phone get jacked up or anything? I was rooting it through the cmd prompt but with this I'm not too sure what to even do. I've been waiting for a few minutes already. Nothing comes up.
    11-27-2012 10:39 PM
    So I just got my replacement HTC Evo from the insurance, I'm currently trying to root it. Issue I'm facing is that the SD card I have has a recovery zip file & the hboot is trying to parse the recovery file. I would like to know if that I turn off the phone can the phone get jacked up or anything? I was rooting it through the cmd prompt but with this I'm not too sure what to even do. I've been waiting for a few minutes already. Nothing comes up.
    If the recovery img zip is named PC36IMG it will try to parse it. Remove it from your sdcard and you'll be fine
    11-28-2012 09:21 AM