1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

Default Rooted Through Unrevoked3........Now What?

Hey all....I'm a little lost. I've already rooted my phone and installed wireless tether but I'd like to install a Rom (Fresh) but I'm unsure of the next process. I've been looking at threads but it seems a lot of the methods are older, or don't pertain to unrevoked? Any help you guys could offer would be awesome.

Thanks,

Default Re: Rooted Through Unrevoked3........Now What?

Assuming your post OTA software ... what your looking for is called SimpleRoot OTA. Assuming you're pre OTA ... what your looking for is toast pt. 1 and toast pt. 2

Lots of info on here if you search. XDA might overwhelm you if you don't know what you're doing.

Edit - I don't follow Unrevoked as their work doesn't pertain to me, so does Unrevoked 3 unlock NAND? My info above pertains to unlocking NAND. If Unrevoked 3 unlocks NAND just download the signed ROM, place it on root of SD card, boot into recovery, wipe wipe wipe, flash from SD.
    [CENTER][URL="https://plus.google.com/u/0/+KPSmith/posts"]Follow me on Google +

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by KSmithInNY View Post
    Assuming your post OTA software ... what your looking for is called SimpleRoot OTA. Assuming you're pre OTA ... what your looking for is toast pt. 1 and toast pt. 2

Lots of info on here if you search. XDA might overwhelm you if you don't know what you're doing.

Edit - I don't follow Unrevoked as their work doesn't pertain to me, so does Unrevoked 3 unlock NAND? My info above pertains to unlocking NAND. If Unrevoked 3 unlocks NAND just download the signed ROM, place it on root of SD card, boot into recovery, wipe wipe wipe, flash from SD.
    You need Nand to Easily install Roms...

Confirm you have this and get back to us...
    Arrogant Linux Elitist

i did the same thing this morning. unrevoked3 -> downloaded RvU 1.3.2 -> renamed it to update.zip -> copied to SD card -> restarted with volume down depressed -> updated from SD card and it worked. tbh I guessed on the last few steps and it happened to work lol

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by skrilla View Post
    i did the same thing this morning. unrevoked3 -> downloaded RvU 1.3.2 -> renamed it to update.zip -> copied to SD card -> restarted with volume down depressed -> updated from SD card and it worked. tbh I guessed on the last few steps and it happened to work lol
    Fiddling with SD cards and Zips Sux

Just Full Root get Nand and Flash .zip files thru Clockwork... Soooo much easier
    Arrogant Linux Elitist

Quote Originally Posted by d3xn2o View Post

Just Full Root get Nand and Flash .zip files thru Clockwork... Soooo much easier
    Forget clockwork .... amen ra here! Just wanted to start an east side west side war
    [CENTER][URL="https://plus.google.com/u/0/+KPSmith/posts"]Follow me on Google +

Question, to delete some Sprint bloatware do I need full root, or unrevoked 3 is enough?

To uninstall the Sprint bloatware, you need to unlock the nand, which unrevoked3 doesn't do (except while booted into recovery from what I understand.)
    But unrevoked3 does let you do a nandroid backup, so you could do that, backing up ALL your stuff, then use SimpleRoot or one of those procedures that do unlock nand but require wiping your phone. Then restore your nandroid backup.

Somebody feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by awcfy6 View Post
    Hey all....I'm a little lost. I've already rooted my phone and installed wireless tether but I'd like to install a Rom (Fresh) but I'm unsure of the next process. I've been looking at threads but it seems a lot of the methods are older, or don't pertain to unrevoked? Any help you guys could offer would be awesome.

Thanks,
    download rom manager form the market and flash away

Global Posts
    467 Global Posts

Ok so if i root my Evo with unrevoked3 i just install rom manager from the market and i will be able to install costum rom? Like the CM6

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ldudiaz View Post
    Ok so if i root my Evo with unrevoked3 i just install rom manager from the market and i will be able to install costum rom? Like the CM6
    I'm hoping it is this easy as well. Please reply!

Global Posts
    467 Global Posts

Anybody please reply

thats how i did mine ....
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    467 Global Posts

I just finished rooting my evo with unrevoked3, installed rom manager, have wireless tether working, backed up my current rom, which is the original the phone comes with, and now im must waiting for cyanogen to release the froyo one.

Thank you all for the help

everyone seems to suggest titanium backup also .. but i have been using the backup within astro....

make sure you back up your apps and data

Global Posts
    467 Global Posts

Yea thank you i already did that within rom manager

Well, titanium lets you backup all your apps + data and restore all your apps + data with one tap.
    Backing up all apps + data with one tap = free version.
    Restoring all apps + data with one tap = paid version.

So restoring one by one can obviously take some time... that's why I bought it.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    4,501 Global Posts
    ROM
    Anthem_003

Quote Originally Posted by ldudiaz View Post
    Ok so if i root my Evo with unrevoked3 i just install rom manager from the market and i will be able to install costume rom? Like the CM6
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucial View Post
    thats how i did mine ....
    This is good to know.
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."
    Get yourself some storage with Dropbox: http://db.tt/hWGiTCa

UnrEVOked3 installs clockworkmod recovery. When I try to do most things in ROM manager, it says I must have clockwordmod installed first.
    HTC EVO 4G
    My apps

Quote Originally Posted by d3xn2o View Post

The problem with advice like this is that the OP already said he was a little lost. Advice to "get Nand" and "thru Clockwork" probably aren't very useful. Perhaps you could point the OP to a thread that would actually explain how to do those things.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
    Thanked by:
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xandrake View Post
    I'm hoping it is this easy as well. Please reply!
    Wow, I've been away and haven't seen all the responses for this. Thanks everyone for making this clear for techies like myself....

Quote Originally Posted by todivefor View Post
    UnrEVOked3 installs clockworkmod recovery. When I try to do most things in ROM manager, it says I must have clockwordmod installed first.
    Just push on that line. The program will install the clockwork for you.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk