Rooting/Roms Question..

digink#AC

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Also i'd like to input that the Recovery i use is RA ... so after simple root i went ahead and did, How to start over: Fully rooted stock 1.47.651.1 in one shot (no adb!) - xda-developers

only because for some reason i had an old software number installed that was like 1.17 rather than 1.47- that may not be the case for u but just incase it is, thats the route i took...

Step for step- great success and bam u can start downloading some pretty sweet roms :)

SO this happened to be the case for me after simple root, doing those steps now. Thanks for providing them.

Any roms you recommend?

tibbys

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
SO this happened to be the case for me after simple root, doing those steps now. Thanks for providing them.

Any roms you recommend?

no problem, i hope all goes well! the rom i'm currently using is... [Kernel]netarchy-toastmod, with an FPS 'fix' for Epson AND Nova - Version 3.6.4 - xda-developers
Revision 3.6.4 - General Population Build

I'm big on the fps issues the Evo had, this completely fixes it, it works wonderfully.

For more roms goto: EVO 4G Android Development - xda-developers

enjoy =)

digink#AC

May 16, 2010
Visit site
no problem, i hope all goes well! the rom i'm currently using is... [Kernel]netarchy-toastmod, with an FPS 'fix' for Epson AND Nova - Version 3.6.4 - xda-developers
Revision 3.6.4 - General Population Build

I'm big on the fps issues the Evo had, this completely fixes it, it works wonderfully.

For more roms goto: EVO 4G Android Development - xda-developers

enjoy =)
Hey tbistONE,

Quick question. Since I already have fresh on my phone, using what you suggested above (I do want to get rid of the FPS cap) would I have to get rid of Fresh or does this work similar to the patches on WebOS where you can have multiple?

In that case I'm assuming you wouldn't boot it using recovery mode.

t0ast3d

Banned
Jun 19, 2010
Visit site

t0ast3d

Banned
Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Hey tbistONE,

Quick question. Since I already have fresh on my phone, using what you suggested above (I do want to get rid of the FPS cap) would I have to get rid of Fresh or does this work similar to the patches on WebOS where you can have multiple?

In that case I'm assuming you wouldn't boot it using recovery mode.

Works for any 2.1

digink#AC

May 16, 2010
Visit site
PITA the way titanium back up makes you have to click through every app install... I think I might go back to MyBackUp it just did it automatically without asking me for authorization for every app.

bluger

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Titanium doesn't make you do each one individually. Go to menu,then select "batch." Tons of options. Not sure if it's available in unpaid version.Well worth the price, tho.

digink#AC

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Titanium doesn't make you do each one individually. Go to menu,then select "batch." Tons of options. Not sure if it's available in unpaid version.Well worth the price, tho.

Thats the funny thing, I was using the batch operations. It didnt have me select each app after I told it to select them all, it just had me go through the App installer for each and every single one. PITA, but maybe I did something wrong.

When I used MyBackUp it didn't do that, it just installed them all without asking me to click anything.

ElCartelDR

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
When in Recovery mode i get an error when i go to apply sdcard:update.zip

E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E:signature verification failed
installation aborted.

does anyone has any suggestions to fix this, im just trying to flash a new rom.

t0ast3d

Banned
Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
When in Recovery mode i get an error when i go to apply sdcard:update.zip

E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E:signature verification failed
installation aborted.

does anyone has any suggestions to fix this, im just trying to flash a new rom.

Which recovery are you using?

Clockwork won't flash it if it's not signed
but amon will

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hisoka_Ryuzaki