Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

The driver link page comes up blank! Cant get the driver.

Global Posts
    4,500 Global Posts
    ROM
    Anthem_003

Quote Originally Posted by blacksuntzu View Post
    worked like a charm and I have my wireless tether back. Thanks for the writeup. Does anybody know how to go back to stock unrooted in case we have an update or I need the phone worked on by sprint?
    I tried to root using unrevoled3 last night and clearly jacked something up so I went to this thread over in the EVO section to un-root my phone and it worked out great.
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."
    Get yourself some storage with Dropbox: http://db.tt/hWGiTCa

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    4,500 Global Posts
    ROM
    Anthem_003

I wish I knew this was here last night when I tried to root my phone. I did something wrong and had to un-root but now that I have step-by-step instructions I'm gonna try it out again tonight.

Default Re: HTC EVO 4G Unrevoked 3 Rooting Instructions

U should def. Use it for rooting ur phone..its just simole and effective. I also would like to know a simple way of getting rid of the,sorint garbage apps..
    Quote Originally Posted by rpmorri View Post
    Been thinking about this for awhile...I did notice, though, that they said it won't allow you to get rid of Sprint's garbage (I'm eyeballing you, Sprint Cup app...). Is there a fix being worked on for this?

*This was posted from my Evo 4G using Tapatalkpro! Great app, if you want to browse and post through many dfferent forums*
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #30  

Global Posts
    169 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bdmridgback View Post
    The driver link page comes up blank! Cant get the driver.
    I would try again... it just worked for me.

I need some help.. i did everything and not the "unrevoked" program is stuck with this message "pushing recovery image"... what am i doing worng...i'm using my windows 7 laptop should i try it on my windows xp desktop ?...

I tried it again and i works now.. if your using windows 7 you might have to uninstall "htc sync and sync driver...as soon as i did the uninstall of the htc stuff everything went as planned
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    4,500 Global Posts
    ROM
    Anthem_003

Someone posted a how-to video for using unrEVOked 3 over at AndroidForums.com which I found helpful. Apparently I still get confused by reading the steps.....lol

the link.

More vids .

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

Works perfect
    Pimpin' Ain't Easy

Finally rooted! Yaaaaay! It was that htc sync software the entire time!
    Cellphone pimpin' ain't easy!

Global Posts
    4,500 Global Posts
    ROM
    Anthem_003

Quote Originally Posted by dougeetx View Post
    Finally rooted! Yaaaaay! It was that htc sync software the entire time!
    Wasn't uninstalled?

Just updated my Evo and applied unrevoked3. Worked perfectly! Now to see if the update really provides any benefit.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Default driver install

i was having problems also and found what i belive to be on of the problems. when we install the driver while the phone is in hboot usb i belive you also need to install the same driver while the phone is in its normal state also. after the phone fully boots plug in and update driver.

for a smoother root tho i would do the driver install while the phone is in normal state then follow all the instructions in the tut.

hope this helps.
    Thanked by:

Thanks for the information but having some problems.I followed everything to the T.I have revoked 3 on my screen. Either is freezes at pushing image at first of freezes and the end when it says waiting on system.It never fails,its never as easy as it seems.

Any ideas.Do i just keep trying and trying.

Thank you.

its been on flashing recovery image.Do not touch your phone like 4 minutes now.This was after the waiting for phone to reboot.Does it take a while.

Default Htc sync removal

Yes that is what i did too.Just unistalled the htc sync and it worked fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by trini4040 View Post
    I tried it again and i works now.. if your using windows 7 you might have to uninstall "htc sync and sync driver...as soon as i did the uninstall of the htc stuff everything went as planned

The only thing im at right now is at the clockworkmod recovery screen and not sure what to do at this point.The unrevoked 3 said done so it did work.

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Hey it worked successfully!! Thank you very much!

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

So can anyone please explain to me the cool things i can do now that i have unrevoked 3 on my EVO?

I got a "failed to flash recovery image". I previously had gotten stuck on message that stated "Pushing Flash" so I came on here and read that I need to uninstall HTC Sync and Driver so I did that and when I plugged it back in to do the unrevocked it ask to install a driver so I got it from the Android USB Driver I downloaded. It was going along grate until it did the reboot it said "failed to flash recovery image" any suggestions or any one know what I did wrong?

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bizzare View Post
    I got a "failed to flash recovery image". I previously had gotten stuck on message that stated "Pushing Flash" so I came on here and read that I need to uninstall HTC Sync and Driver so I did that and when I plugged it back in to do the unrevocked it ask to install a driver so I got it from the Android USB Driver I downloaded. It was going along grate until it did the reboot it said "failed to flash recovery image" any suggestions or any one know what I did wrong?

I have the same issue, drivers are installed, I tried hard resetting my phone. Somewhere I read to install the andriod SDK which I am doing now.

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

I have tried pretty much everything, it fails every time. Anyone have a work around?

Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts

I this the easiest way to get to simple root? I'm looking for a way to get to simple root without have to flash anything on EVO. I don't want a custom ROM. Is that possible, similar to original Unrevoked?

Same issue here; could it be the fact that it's post 2.2/froyo update and unvrevoked hasnt rooted that yet?

ROM
    Stock Rooted ICS

2.2 must be a beast that it hasn't been cracked. Until it is, I'm using Easy Tether to use my Evo to give internet to my laptop. Sure I have to use the USB cord but it'll do until stock 2.2 is rooted.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast