HTC EVO 4G Unrevoked 3 Rooting Instructions

Bizzare

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I got a "failed to flash recovery image". I previously had gotten stuck on message that stated "Pushing Flash" so I came on here and read that I need to uninstall HTC Sync and Driver so I did that and when I plugged it back in to do the unrevocked it ask to install a driver so I got it from the Android USB Driver I downloaded. It was going along grate until it did the reboot it said "failed to flash recovery image" any suggestions or any one know what I did wrong?

mattlreese

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I got a "failed to flash recovery image". I previously had gotten stuck on message that stated "Pushing Flash" so I came on here and read that I need to uninstall HTC Sync and Driver so I did that and when I plugged it back in to do the unrevocked it ask to install a driver so I got it from the Android USB Driver I downloaded. It was going along grate until it did the reboot it said "failed to flash recovery image" any suggestions or any one know what I did wrong?

I have the same issue, drivers are installed, I tried hard resetting my phone. Somewhere I read to install the andriod SDK which I am doing now.

xorg

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
I this the easiest way to get to simple root? I'm looking for a way to get to simple root without have to flash anything on EVO. I don't want a custom ROM. Is that possible, similar to original Unrevoked?

IRepTheKing

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
2.2 must be a beast that it hasn't been cracked. Until it is, I'm using Easy Tether to use my Evo to give internet to my laptop. Sure I have to use the USB cord but it'll do until stock 2.2 is rooted.

ime180

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
there is no "unrevoked" option to delete on the menu as suggested

Hi,
By Following these instructions, from the get go to which suppose delete "unrevoked" at the 'bottom', and "force stop". I do not even have such title called UNREVOKED. am I missing anything?
furthermore, there is no such thing "OTA 1.47 update". there is only "update"
which in fact gets you the 2.2 version installed on your phone. Please advise

bjblj95

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
HTC SYnc

Hello everyone I just wanted to say if you are having problems it is probably the HTC Sync you have to uninstall it on you computer the sync and driver. Hope this helped ya

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Please know that this is not full root and you will not be able to flash custom roms, if you want to flash custom roms, refer to the sticky.

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
any one know what this does? I mean besides root you phone (oh duh).

I cant find any listing of how this method works. What it installs, how it installs it, ect.

Don't get me wrong, the unrevoked team is amazing, and i applaud their dedication and brilliant methods.

Let me know if any one can point me to what i'm looking for. If its easier, i would love to update the instructions on my "Rooting [read:downgrading] 2.2" thread in the stickies.