Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Question there is no "unrevoked" option to delete on the menu as suggested

Hi,
    By Following these instructions, from the get go to which suppose delete "unrevoked" at the 'bottom', and "force stop". I do not even have such title called UNREVOKED. am I missing anything?
    furthermore, there is no such thing "OTA 1.47 update". there is only "update"
    which in fact gets you the 2.2 version installed on your phone. Please advise

Thumbs up HTC SYnc

Hello everyone I just wanted to say if you are having problems it is probably the HTC Sync you have to uninstall it on you computer the sync and driver. Hope this helped ya
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

Please know that this is not full root and you will not be able to flash custom roms, if you want to flash custom roms, refer to the sticky.
    Some say the glass is half empty. Some say its half full. I say, "Are you going to drink that?"

ROM
    OMJ's ROM

can u root using EVO's browser?

Apparently 2 people had issues. Unrevoked 3.2 has been pulled. Not cool.

Anyone have the file still they could post for the rest of us?

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts

No issues from my install. I'll try and get my file set for download.

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts

deleted
    Last edited by Doug B; 09-07-2010 at 12:47 PM.

ROM
    ACS Jelly Bean RC1, Stock

any one know what this does? I mean besides root you phone (oh duh).

I cant find any listing of how this method works. What it installs, how it installs it, ect.

Don't get me wrong, the unrevoked team is amazing, and i applaud their dedication and brilliant methods.

Let me know if any one can point me to what i'm looking for. If its easier, i would love to update the instructions on my "Rooting [read:downgrading] 2.2" thread in the stickies.

"In Soviet Russia, Android roots you!"

I'm here because like you, I have questions that I need answered, and help those like me, with questions of their own.
    "If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
    -Isaac Newton, Letter to Robert Hooke, February 5, 1675

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts

Sorry. I'm an extreme newbie.....
    At what point do I attach the phone to the computer?

Default can't get it to work

I have tried several times on a Windows 7 64 bit and on an XP. On the 7 machine it hangs where it says it is "flashing recovery image. Do not touch your phone!" Well it has been 20 minutes and it seems like it would have flashed by now.

I am trying to get DroidWall to block internet connections, but I can't get this thing to root.

Failing that, does anyone know how to block internet connections on an EVO and have it password protected.

This is very frustrating. The first time I did it, I thought it was going to work, but I thought a program that locks out the access to the settings hung it up. It is called "Protector". I turned it off, but perhaps there is a half-way install hung up somewhere.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

Look at the date of the guide. Enough said.
    Some say the glass is half empty. Some say its half full. I say, "Are you going to drink that?"

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

so after much personal debate, I decided to run this on my brand new EVO (one week old). I had the latest updates on it. Only thing I would change is the info on installing the hboot drivers, unrevoked actually has a good wiki on this: public:windows_hboot_driver_install [RootWiki]

Once these are installed, just run the reflash.exe program and it will start the unrevoked3 process, the rest is easy as pie. I'm off to go download and try wireless tether now

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Dnomyar220 View Post
    so after much personal debate, I decided to run this on my brand new EVO (one week old). I had the latest updates on it. Only thing I would change is the info on installing the hboot drivers, unrevoked actually has a good wiki on this: public:windows_hboot_driver_install [RootWiki]

Once these are installed, just run the reflash.exe program and it will start the unrevoked3 process, the rest is easy as pie. I'm off to go download and try wireless tether now
    Goodluck with that...
    Arrogant Linux Elitist

ROM
    Stock

This thread is Epic...

Adding this to my unrevoked thread as well as my sig.

Wireless Tether works great on the 2.2 Evo /w unrevoked. I use it often with great success.

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    ROM
    MYN's rls 5

Quote Originally Posted by truslide View Post
    This thread is Epic...

Adding this to my unrevoked thread as well as my sig.
    Sorry its not just your thread.... ksmith. Merged our threads together...

ROM
    Myn's warm 2.2 RLS5

Default HELP unrevoked3 for EVO

Ive followed all the steps as noted in this thread. Once I run unrevoked and states waiting for device I plug phone into usb unrevoked never reads it and remains @ waiting for device. I have done this 3 or 4 times now. Im running win xp seems once i plug phone in the device manager pops up to install software.

This is the first time ive tried to root so not a pro by any means.

Please help

it worked flawlessly for me. everything went smoothly.
    [Signature removed by admin]

Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 tiamat 4.0.1 sbc

ok i just went thru the process and now im at the clockworkmod recover screen ..... what now and it has an opition for backup and restore so do i use this to do a backup before i do anything else big thanks to all of yall

Quote Originally Posted by mhuggins View Post
    ok i just went thru the process and now im at the clockworkmod recover screen ..... what now and it has an opition for backup and restore so do i use this to do a backup before i do anything else big thanks to all of yall
    Did you already run unrevoked 3? If you did then you shouldnt be there. Click fast reboot.

Sent From Tapatalk.

Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 tiamat 4.0.1 sbc

yeah i all ready did all of that and it said done on my computer but the phone was on that screen

does not allow me to uninstall nova..

how do i go back to original. I want to uninstall this unrevoked3 as it will not allow me to uninstall things like nova.
    Last edited by caleb02; 01-12-2011 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb02 View Post
    does not allow me to uninstall nova..

how do i go back to original. I want to uninstall this unrevoked3 as it will not allow me to uninstall things like nova.
    Using titanium backup?

Sent From Tapatalk.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast