Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Talking Finally!!! Im playing SNES on my Evo with my Wii Remote and snes gamepad

    Well my 20 bucks goes to buying Cyanogen a beer and the author of wiimote free.


    Its possible now, It will take probably close to 2 hours to do everything if this is your first time, not to mention downloading the files from the free hosting sites take forever even on a 20mb connection.


    Heres what I did..

    Follow this guide STEP BY STEP Until you reach the Install Custom Kernel ( you can skip that)

    Rooting the HTC Evo 4g – Part 1 (Installing the adb shell)


    Once you have Clockwork running fine, then head to here:
    Cyanogenmod Nightly Build [check link for newest version] 11:44pm updated 7/19/10 - xda-developers

    I did everything last night, now I have froyo and everything works but 4g ( waa! waa! My town wont get it for years anyways)

    Its fun, its fast, sense sucks compared to this.. The wii remote works with all my game emulator apps.

    Im happy today =)
    HTC Evo Cyanogen CM6
  2. #2  

    Default

    I so want to get cyanogen but I am waiting for a non nightly build.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    I so want to get cyanogen but I am waiting for a non nightly build.
    The latest build works great for me. SO far i can do everything i did before.

    I dont have 4g or an HDMI cord so if you dont use those then go for it.

    Worse comes to worse you can flash back to your old rom in 5 minutes.
    The 2 hours part is rooting the damn thing the proper way and trial and error.

    If you already can hotswap roms with a recovery manager then its a 5 min fix
    HTC Evo Cyanogen CM6
  4. #4  

    Default

    That's awesome news. I may have to give that rom a try. What launcher does it use?
  5. #5  
    werx's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    82 Posts

    Default

    Do not root your phone yet. The new build has countless minor errors such as non deletable voicemail notifications, occasional app crashes etc. It really is an alpha not even a beta. Wait for the proper beta or at least the full version before flashing to cyanogen. I am using baked snacks and it is much better than the alpha cyanogen. Just my 2 cents.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by werx View Post
    Do not root your phone yet. The new build has countless minor errors such as non deletable voicemail notifications, occasional app crashes etc. It really is an alpha not even a beta. Wait for the proper beta or at least the full version before flashing to cyanogen. I am using baked snacks and it is much better than the alpha cyanogen. Just my 2 cents.
    You have to root your phone to use Baked Snacks...

    Arent you the guy who said no to screen protectors because you thought it had gorilla glass?
    HTC Evo Cyanogen CM6
    Thanked by 2:
  7. #7  

    Default

    Man you suck, lol , JK, I'm not rooting my phone. It has its benefits but I rather deal with what ever OS comes from Sprint and HTC. I really hope someone comes out with something for the sense UI for gamepads. I just think playing street fighter on snes only works well with a gamepad.
  8. #8  
    gksmithlcw's Avatar
    Software Engineer

    Posts
    443 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,875 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10.1 / Jelly Bean

    Default

    I was just rocking Super Mario Bros 3 on the NES... GOOD TIMES!!
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

    Software Engineer

    www.gksmithlcw.com
  9. #9  
    trooper54's Avatar

    Posts
    1,411 Posts
    ROM
    ACS Jelly Bean RC1, Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by werx View Post
    Do not root your phone yet. The new build has countless minor errors such as non deletable voicemail notifications, occasional app crashes etc. It really is an alpha not even a beta. Wait for the proper beta or at least the full version before flashing to cyanogen. I am using baked snacks and it is much better than the alpha cyanogen. Just my 2 cents.
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosrecords View Post
    You have to root your phone to use Baked Snacks...

    Arent you the guy who said no to screen protectors because you thought it had gorilla glass?



    owned lol

    "In Soviet Russia, Android roots you!"


    I'm here because like you, I have questions that I need answered, and help those like me, with questions of their own.
    "If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
    -Isaac Newton, Letter to Robert Hooke, February 5, 1675
    Thanked by:
    phynal 
  10. #10  

    Default

    Any idea if it can be done without rooting your phone?
  11. #11  

    Default

    @ jt513
    HTC Sense won't let you use other bluetooth devices... so you have to root your phone to get this working...
  12. #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    @ jt513
    HTC Sense won't let you use other bluetooth devices... so you have to root your phone to get this working...
    LauncherPro or ADW Launcher wouldn't solve the issue I assume?

    Well, looks like I might end up rooting it after all..Been trying to avoid doing so.
  13. #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jt513 View Post
    LauncherPro or ADW Launcher wouldn't solve the issue I assume?

    Well, looks like I might end up rooting it after all..Been trying to avoid doing so.
    Well, unless you root your phone... you're basically running ADW/LP right above HTC Sense... correct me if I'm wrong anyone.

    And Sense runs deep into HTC phones. You'll have to root and flash a vanilla rom to get HTC completely off.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    Well, unless you root your phone... you're basically running ADW/LP right above HTC Sense... correct me if I'm wrong anyone.

    And Sense runs deep into HTC phones. You'll have to root and flash a vanilla rom to get HTC completely off.
    You have to install a completely different rom. Rooting is required to install a new rom, and the method of getting Cyanogen requires a full root with NAND unlocked ( my 1st link) for it to work.

    The one Cyanogen compiled has full Bluetooth HID support. ( which is what you need to connect to a wii remote, or any NORMAL bluetooth keyboard/mouse)

    Any stock rom or anything with Sense UI even attached to it will not work.
    So far all the other custom roms out there that are sense based will not work This includes all the ones in our sticky, the ones on XDA, Baked Goods, Etc.. As far as I know.. None support HID BT profiles ( YET)
    Even stock froyo wont work.

    So far Cyanogen is the only one that works for this, and its why I chose to use his teams roms for now. Unless someone else can do that now.. I havent heard anything.. As of this week they are the 1st to get HID profiles working on a 2.2 rom that also allows a fully working front/back camera.
    HTC Evo Cyanogen CM6
  15. #15  

    Default

    Well thats great news. Now if we can just get it to play through the HDMI. I have dreams of being anywhere and whipping out my phone and two wii motes plugging in the HDMI and playing some SENS against some friends. That would totally blow away other brand phone owners.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mviars View Post
    Well thats great news. Now if we can just get it to play through the HDMI. I have dreams of being anywhere and whipping out my phone and two wii motes plugging in the HDMI and playing some SENS against some friends. That would totally blow away other brand phone owners.
    Apparantly that is their end goal.

    To make all normal phone functions work, have froyo for the speed, and HID bluetooth with HDMI out available at any time on any app
    HTC Evo Cyanogen CM6
  17. #17  

    Default

    Well count me in then! if they can get it all working on the EVO that is.
  18. #18  
    duckwars's Avatar

    Posts
    98 Posts
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chaosrecords View Post
    Apparantly that is their end goal.

    To make all normal phone functions work, have froyo for the speed, and HID bluetooth with HDMI out available at any time on any app
    Who's "they" here, the people who made the emulator or the people who made the controller BT stack?
  19. #19  

    Default Official 2.2

    Will the wiimote work with the official Froyo release scheduled (hopefully) for tomorrow? Or will I still need to root my phone and flash a new rom?

    Thanks!
  20. #20  

    Default

    so i have cyanogen and wiimote controller and snesoid and a wiimote. how do i get the wiimote to work with snesoid?
  21. #21  

    Default

    I tinkered enough and got it to work. There arent enough buttons no the wiimote for snes games. i need two more buttons.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidAddict View Post
    I tinkered enough and got it to work. There arent enough buttons no the wiimote for snes games. i need two more buttons.
    Go buy the CLASSIC Wii Controller.. Its the SNES looking gamepad that you can plugin to the wii remote. It will register perfectly.

    I use the wii remote itself for NES games, and the classic controller with all the extra buttons for genesis, snes, and soon PSX



    I also use the z1 and z2 buttons for Save state and load state.. Comes in handy if you are playing action games and easy way to cheat if you save right before a hard part
    HTC Evo Cyanogen CM6

Posting Permissions