This is getting out of hand

chaka389

Banned
Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
This is way too complicated. I haven't applied the 1.47.651.1 patch yet, I rooted using unrevoked OTA when the evo 4G came out. I just want to

1) Install this patch with ALL of the fixes (e.g. I want the new 4G radio and whatnot) I don't care where the patch comes from.

2) Be able to have a rooted phone so I can use wifi tether and titanium backup

3) Not have to lose the data on my phone and have to restore it. I don't have time to go through this process and the uncertainties that may go with it. I need a root method that will keep all my data and everything in tact and doesn't require me to backup and restore my data. (like how unrevoked-1 kept all my data intact)

Can you please just point me in that direction? Reading all these different terms "adb, clockwork, nandroid, recovery" is killing me. Nowhere have I found a good simple tutorial that explains what all of those things are and how they work in the rooting process.

I don't have time for this and it's frustrating, can someone please, please help me here. And by help, I mean solve my problem above...helping is not going to be pointing me to a good tutorial. That's appreciated, but I don't have time for it now. I already wasted enough time trying to figure this out...at this point I just need to get it to work.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
yeah...
Seriously, that's pretty much all you have to do.

Before you do that, make sure you open the .htm file included in the .zip file.
The html file shows you how to install the drivers that unrevoked3 uses.

Good luck. And ask more questions if you have any. Unrevoked3 is actually simpler than it looks, heh.

chaka389

Banned
Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
it was a breeze on Windows 7 x64, thanks for letting me know it wouldn't have me lose any of my data kedar.

@jpsamora You are a moron and mac pansy. Why don't you go back to engadget and hang out with your other pansy friends there instead of adding nothing to a thread?

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
how do i undo the unrevoked3 so i can do a full root? Thanks

Well, I used this guide:
[TUTORIAL] EVO Full Root|OTA Root|Nand Backup/Restore|Flashing|for n00b's + videos - xda-developers

***ROOTING AFTER OTA 1.47.651.1 (Full Root)****

Go to that part. It should have you clear out EVERYTHING.
So, make sure, since you have Unrevoked 3, to backup everything (I use Titanium Backup)... It should work since you have superuser permissions from unrevoked3.

That's the way I did it. There might be an easier way... I tried simpleroot and I kept getting stuck at part 4 so I rooted the manual way using the above guide, which is actually very easy to follow.

Again, ask any questions you may have. It was a process you'll have to hopefully only go through once...
So don't unroot like I did a month ago just to have to root again...