EVObastard

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
New to the forum so forgive the noob question. I can not get my EVO into hboot (atleast I think that's what its called). When I press the vol- and power buttons at the same time nothing happens. I thought I was supposed to push and hold but when I release (after atleast 10sec) it just starts normally. I am going to root my phone and I can't even get past Tue first step lol.
TIA

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
New to the forum so forgive the noob question. I can not get my EVO into hboot (atleast I think that's what its called). When I press the vol- and power buttons at the same time nothing happens. I thought I was supposed to push and hold but when I release (after atleast 10sec) it just starts normally. I am going to root my phone and I can't even get past Tue first step lol.
TIA

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

Hold the volume down and power until it boots to the bootloader...dont let up til it does

EVObastard

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
AHAH!!! First try held for 1:30 nothing, normal start. Second pushed vol- THEN power held for 2:00 nothing, normal start. Then I remembered something I read so I powered down, PULLED BATTERY then pushed both vol- and power and it worked. The key was pulling the battery. OK back to rooting, Thanks :cool:

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
AHAH!!! First try held for 1:30 nothing, normal start. Second pushed vol- THEN power held for 2:00 nothing, normal start. Then I remembered something I read so I powered down, PULLED BATTERY then pushed both vol- and power and it worked. The key was pulling the battery. OK back to rooting, Thanks :cool:
Yeah i posted you had to hold them both ....lol glad you it

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

Something tells me you had "Fast Boot" (not to be confused with Fastboot) enabled/checked. Look under Settings>Power>Fast Boot.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

EVObastard

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I got, I am now fully rooted woohoo :cool:. Now to find a ROM Anyone know why rom manager says that I'm not rooted? I used revolutionary and its looking for supersonic, I assume that's the problem. Is there a rom manager for revolutionary?

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I got, I am now fully rooted woohoo :cool:. Now to find a ROM Anyone know why rom manager says that I'm not rooted? I used revolutionary and its looking for supersonic, I assume that's the problem. Is there a rom manager for revolutionary?
Revolutionary is only for unlocking the bootloader and going s-off. rom manager only works with clockwork mod recovery. I recommend to install one from smelkus here [RECOVERY][MOD][1-June-2012] RA-supersonic-v4.3-smelkusMOD - xda-developers and get rid of rom manager

EVObastard

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site

EVObastard

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
When I back up what should I back up? My current one or the stock one. I did a back up before I installed my first rom so the stock one is backed up now. Or should I reflash the stock one then back it up again with supersonic?

sent using my rooted EVO

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
When I back up what should I back up? My current one or the stock one. I did a back up before I installed my first rom so the stock one is backed up now. Or should I reflash the stock one then back it up again with supersonic?

sent using my rooted EVO
Just leave what ever the default settings are

EVObastard

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Never mind, I went into recovery and at the bottom it says

RA Revamped
Build : RA-supersonic-v4.3-smelkusMOD

It's in there, THANKS

Ok, I'm not sure this worked. Actually I don't think it did, here is what I have now:
-Revolutionary-
SUPERSONIC EVT2-3 SHIP S-OFF
HBOOT-6.16.1002
MICROP-041f
TOUCH PANEL-ATMELC03_16ac
RADIO-2.15.00.05.02
Mar 8 2011, 17:02:15

Last edited:

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Never mind, I went into recovery and at the bottom it says

RA Revamped
Build : RA-supersonic-v4.3-smelkusMOD

It's in there, THANKS

Ok, I'm not sure this worked. Actually I don't think it did, here is what I have now:
-Revolutionary-
SUPERSONIC EVT2-3 SHIP S-OFF
HBOOT-6.16.1002
MICROP-041f
TOUCH PANEL-ATMELC03_16ac
RADIO-2.15.00.05.02
Mar 8 2011, 17:02:15

What didnt work ? thats just your bootloader info. when you make a backup it will be stored in recovery in a folder