Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can't logon to Google after re-flashing Cyanogenmod 7.2

Sometime last night my phone stopped connecting to 3G.

I rooted it and flashed Cyanogenmod 7.2 right after it was finalized. Everything has been fine since then. Until last night. I called sprint after a while and made sure everything was fine on their end. It was, but the tech said she was going to send something to my phone and that I should reboot and accept the updates. Of course I didn't. What I did do was find a sense rom and flashed it, updated the prl and profile...and bam, 3g works now.

So I figured I would play around with that rom for a little while and found that I couldn't logon to my google account. I have a really complicated password, so I went to google via computer and changed it to something simpler. Still won't logon.

Then I reflashed cyanogenmod 7.2, su and gapps. Still can't logon. It says that my password is wrong.

I don't see any google apps on the phone. No maps, gmail, nothing.

I rooted and flashed cyanogenmod back in june, and to be honest I don't really know what I did, I just followed the instructions carefully.

Can any of you help me out?

ROM
    Decks Reloaded,RebelROM

Default Re: Can't logon to Google after re-flashing Cyanogenmod 7.2

You may have to reflash gapps (and maybe the ROM) if you don't see any google apps. Also, double check your google account on a PC and make sure you can log in w/the new password

Also, CM 7.2 is old. You may want to try Decks Reloaded as it is a newer and better ROM
    TOSHIBA Thrive • Pio's Team Baked BlackBean 4.1.2 ROM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 1 (i717) • CM11 4.4.2 kitkat (jamied)
    Samsung GalaxyTab 3 (7 in) • Deleterious ROM
    HTC EVO 4G • Deck's Reloaded ROM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (i317) unlocked • Ditto Note 3.1.1 (4.3) ROM
    B&N Nook Color (Gifted to relative)
    Samsung Galaxy Prevail • Half A$$ed ROM
    EVO Shift• JellyBelly ROM
    Samsung Galaxy S3 • DanKang 4.3.1 ROM

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I tried another google account, a guy here at work, and he logs on fine.

Mine still won't work. I have reset the password 2 times. Real simple password, too.

I feel like I should figure out the google logon issue first, but the decks reloaded rom is a great idea. I'll try to find the link.

In the mean time, I can't find the instructions I used to originally root and rom this thing. I see the following files to flash:
    cm-7.2.0-supersonic.zip
    gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip
    su-bin-3.0.3.2-efghi-signed.zip

Any idea what order I need to run them in, and/or if I need to boot up any time in between any of them? Thanks in advance.
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

Make sure are also flashing the gapps for ICS or JB which ever your on
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks. I am flashing the same file I did when I first flashed cyanogen. Any idea what order I need to do them in? I can't find the post with the instructions.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Okay, I logged in. I had 2 part authentication turned on on my google account. As soon as I did, it went to the play store and looks to be recommending lots of google apps to install. I don't remember doing that before, but I'll keep you posted.

I can't get the the decks reloaded download from work, so I'll have to see what I can do later on. I have wanted to try it since I saw it came out, but was afraid to mess with flashing any more roms. Like I said, I never knew what I was doing the first time. But after today, I now have a sense rom to use to update my prl, which was needed, and I feel more comfortable trying/flashing roms. All and all a good day I guess...depending on how the google apps installs go.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Anyone know what apply /sdcard/update.zip is? It is right below - choose zip from adcard in the install from zip option.
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

Quote Originally Posted by passtheammo View Post
    Anyone know what apply /sdcard/update.zip is? It is right below - choose zip from adcard in the install from zip option.
    It uses the old Amend script and update script to flash roms and zips. Now we use a updater script and updater binary which is Edify to flash roms .