07-29-2010 12:40 PM
55 123
tools
    07-25-2010 11:41 PM
    Useful links:

Market fix to show protected apps: Link

Facebook fix for contact sync: Link

I can confirm both work.

*EDIT by popular request* For those having issues with ADB and uninstalling the old Facebook app: The easiest way I've found to remove the old facebook app is to use the fantastic (and free!) "Estrongs file explorer" from the app market. Open it up, press the "/" at the top left to view the root folder on your phone, scroll down and select the "system" folder, then the "app" folder, then long-press on "Facebook.apk" and select delete. Done. Then install the new facebook app.
    Tattrpuff and d3xn2o like this.
    07-26-2010 02:12 AM
    What's the market one do? Thanks,
    07-26-2010 10:19 AM
    What's the market one do? Thanks,
    Market fix to show protected apps: Link

If at first you can't find what you're looking for...look again right in front of you!
    07-26-2010 10:28 AM
    Anyone find a fix for this? I keep getting a FC "The application Google Services Framework(process com.google.process.gapps) has stopped unexpectedly."
    07-26-2010 10:56 AM
    Anyone find a fix for this? I keep getting a FC "The application Google Services Framework(process com.google.process.gapps) has stopped unexpectedly."
    Is this after you flash GAPPS? Wipe should solve issue. Reflash
    07-26-2010 11:40 AM
    yea, dont restore any of the g-apps or messaging data with titanium either. See if that helps.
    07-26-2010 12:15 PM
    I flashed it last night.
    Running great so far.
    Wiped battery stats.

Battery is great so far... I wiped battery stats before flashing. We'll see how it goes.
    Benchmarks are the same as I was getting with the nightlies. Look at the other thread on what to expect.
    07-26-2010 12:33 PM
    ya i wiped everything.... then I restored all my apps with titanium.... i'll try not to restore with titanium thanks
    07-26-2010 01:19 PM
    If i try downloading anything from the market i get a message stating not enough room...

any ideas?

I know i have plenty of room...
    07-26-2010 02:21 PM
    Trying this out. It's weird not to have Sense, lol. I miss the black status bar and the gigantic clock with weather. It's smooth and fast tho.
    07-26-2010 02:35 PM
    Trying this out. It's weird not to have Sense, lol. I miss the black status bar and the gigantic clock with weather. It's smooth and fast tho.
    If you go into settings and scroll down to cyanogen mod settings you can change the color of the notification bar...

And just use Fancy widget or Beautiful widget for the big clock with weather...
    sveilien likes this.
    07-26-2010 02:44 PM
    If i try downloading anything from the market i get a message stating not enough room...

any ideas?

I know i have plenty of room...
    Hmm, no idea.
    Have you nand restoring and flashing again?

Battery at 65% and 13h 45min of pretty light usage on wifi and 50% brightness. Looking good. Most of it was overnight, but oh well.
    07-26-2010 04:56 PM
    If you go into settings and scroll down to cyanogen mod settings you can change the color of the notification bar...

And just use Fancy widget or Beautiful widget for the big clock with weather...
    Sweet, thanx!!!
    07-26-2010 05:42 PM
    finally getting around to flashing this today... got kinda used to using ROM MGR to download straight to my phone. haha

If you want the exact same clock/weather as Sense, get Fancy Widget, its free also. I paid for Beautiful Widgets, and i used Fancy anyhow.

between CM6 and setcpu, i am getting insane battery life... well for me, i was one of those that started with 4-6 hours of battery life when i first bought the phone.

Cyanogen, not sure if you read these forums at all, but highly kick *** job from you and your team!
    07-26-2010 06:18 PM
    Since we are on the subject . . .

Is there a good replacement for the stock Gallery? The Sense Gallery is simple and easy to use. The stock 2.2 Gallery, while looks good, is cumbersome to use for wanting to quickly to go an image folder to browse pictures.
    07-26-2010 06:40 PM
    Tried this today....Battery is just killed way too quickly, phone runs real hot. Per the thread at XDA they used the same kernel as the Nexus One, so may have to wait til they put the fix in for that.
    07-26-2010 06:49 PM
    If you want the exact same clock/weather as Sense, get Fancy Widget, its free also. I paid for Beautiful Widgets, and i used Fancy anyhow.
    I caint find "Fancy Widget" in the Market. Is it available somewhere else?
    07-26-2010 06:50 PM
    I caint find "Fancy Widget" in the Market. Is it available somewhere else?
    HTC made them remove it from the store. Do a search for it on XDA.
    sveilien likes this.
    07-26-2010 06:53 PM
    Anyone having issues with installing some apps from the app market? A few random apps I have tried to install are getting stuck in a download/install loop.
    07-26-2010 08:30 PM
    Anyone having issues with installing some apps from the app market? A few random apps I have tried to install are getting stuck in a download/install loop.
    Now that you mention it- yes. I've had that problem once in the last 24hrs. For me it was FPS2D- still can't get it to install via the market.
    07-26-2010 09:36 PM
    Now that you mention it- yes. I've had that problem once in the last 24hrs. For me it was FPS2D- still can't get it to install via the market.
    It was Vingette for me, took like 3 reboot and many reinstall attempts. And the beta 3 Flash would never install
    07-26-2010 10:45 PM
    It was Vingette for me, took like 3 reboot and many reinstall attempts. And the beta 3 Flash would never install
    I had to uninstall my flash and then manually install the flash apk in order to get it to work. I found the file on the xda forum. There's a thread devoted to cm6 tweaks.

Sent from my iPhone j/k!
    07-26-2010 10:54 PM
    ya i wiped everything.... then I restored all my apps with titanium.... i'll try not to restore with titanium thanks
    yeah it got that message because I restored system data in titanium. I reflashed and just restored apps + data or something like that and no more issues for me.

Sent from my iPhone j/k!
    07-26-2010 11:00 PM
    Tried this today....Battery is just killed way too quickly, phone runs real hot. Per the thread at XDA they used the same kernel as the Nexus One, so may have to wait til they put the fix in for that.
    Charge your battery all the way. Reboot into recovery. Wipe battery stats. Reboot. Let it drain till it shuts itself off. Charge it all the way and let it drain again. Your battery will improve. Cyanogen posted that over at xda.

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk
    07-27-2010 03:27 AM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD