Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default cyanogen release candidate 1 has hit the streets!

US Cellular Samsung GS3

Rooted and Ready!

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Useful links:

Market fix to show protected apps: Link

Facebook fix for contact sync: Link

I can confirm both work.

*EDIT by popular request* For those having issues with ADB and uninstalling the old Facebook app: The easiest way I've found to remove the old facebook app is to use the fantastic (and free!) "Estrongs file explorer" from the app market. Open it up, press the "/" at the top left to view the root folder on your phone, scroll down and select the "system" folder, then the "app" folder, then long-press on "Facebook.apk" and select delete. Done. Then install the new facebook app.
    Last edited by mhespenh; 07-29-2010 at 11:56 AM.
    Android evangelist, developer, nerd
    Thanked by 2:

What's the market one do? Thanks,
    "Now I may be an ***** but there is one thing I am not, sir and that, sir is an *****." -Peter Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by japclev View Post
    What's the market one do? Thanks,
    Market fix to show protected apps: Link

If at first you can't find what you're looking for...look again right in front of you!
    HTC Evo4G
    ENG-HBOOT 0.76.2000
    Amon RA Recovery 1.8.0
    Rooted Stock 3.29.651.5 (Froyo)

Anyone find a fix for this? I keep getting a FC "The application Google Services Framework(process com.google.process.gapps) has stopped unexpectedly."

Quote Originally Posted by tri4thlete View Post
    Anyone find a fix for this? I keep getting a FC "The application Google Services Framework(process com.google.process.gapps) has stopped unexpectedly."
    Is this after you flash GAPPS? Wipe should solve issue. Reflash
    HTC Evo4G
    ENG-HBOOT 0.76.2000
    Amon RA Recovery 1.8.0
    Rooted Stock 3.29.651.5 (Froyo)

ROM
    ACS Jelly Bean RC1, Stock

yea, dont restore any of the g-apps or messaging data with titanium either. See if that helps.

"In Soviet Russia, Android roots you!"

I'm here because like you, I have questions that I need answered, and help those like me, with questions of their own.
    "If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
    -Isaac Newton, Letter to Robert Hooke, February 5, 1675

I flashed it last night.
    Running great so far.
    Wiped battery stats.

Battery is great so far... I wiped battery stats before flashing. We'll see how it goes.
    Benchmarks are the same as I was getting with the nightlies. Look at the other thread on what to expect.

Evo - MIUI 1.1.28

^----Old signature.

flip phone, bb curve, pre, evo, evo3d, s4.

ya i wiped everything.... then I restored all my apps with titanium.... i'll try not to restore with titanium thanks

ROM

If i try downloading anything from the market i get a message stating not enough room...

any ideas?

I know i have plenty of room...
    Arrogant Linux Elitist

Global Posts
    446 Global Posts
    ROM
    frEVO LTE

Trying this out. It's weird not to have Sense, lol. I miss the black status bar and the gigantic clock with weather. It's smooth and fast tho.
    Always pimpin'
    PunnyShirts.com

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by sveilien View Post
    Trying this out. It's weird not to have Sense, lol. I miss the black status bar and the gigantic clock with weather. It's smooth and fast tho.
    If you go into settings and scroll down to cyanogen mod settings you can change the color of the notification bar...

And just use Fancy widget or Beautiful widget for the big clock with weather...
    Arrogant Linux Elitist
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by d3xn2o View Post
    If i try downloading anything from the market i get a message stating not enough room...

any ideas?

I know i have plenty of room...
    Hmm, no idea.
    Have you nand restoring and flashing again?

Battery at 65% and 13h 45min of pretty light usage on wifi and 50% brightness. Looking good. Most of it was overnight, but oh well.

Evo - MIUI 1.1.28

^----Old signature.

flip phone, bb curve, pre, evo, evo3d, s4.

Global Posts
    446 Global Posts
    ROM
    frEVO LTE

Quote Originally Posted by d3xn2o View Post
    If you go into settings and scroll down to cyanogen mod settings you can change the color of the notification bar...

And just use Fancy widget or Beautiful widget for the big clock with weather...
    Sweet, thanx!!!
    Always pimpin'
    PunnyShirts.com

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS

finally getting around to flashing this today... got kinda used to using ROM MGR to download straight to my phone. haha

If you want the exact same clock/weather as Sense, get Fancy Widget, its free also. I paid for Beautiful Widgets, and i used Fancy anyhow.

between CM6 and setcpu, i am getting insane battery life... well for me, i was one of those that started with 4-6 hours of battery life when i first bought the phone.

Cyanogen, not sure if you read these forums at all, but highly kick *** job from you and your team!

Global Posts
    446 Global Posts
    ROM
    frEVO LTE

Since we are on the subject . . .

Is there a good replacement for the stock Gallery? The Sense Gallery is simple and easy to use. The stock 2.2 Gallery, while looks good, is cumbersome to use for wanting to quickly to go an image folder to browse pictures.
    Always pimpin'
    PunnyShirts.com

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts

Tried this today....Battery is just killed way too quickly, phone runs real hot. Per the thread at XDA they used the same kernel as the Nexus One, so may have to wait til they put the fix in for that.

Global Posts
    446 Global Posts
    ROM
    frEVO LTE

Quote Originally Posted by h20squirter View Post
    If you want the exact same clock/weather as Sense, get Fancy Widget, its free also. I paid for Beautiful Widgets, and i used Fancy anyhow.
    I caint find "Fancy Widget" in the Market. Is it available somewhere else?
    Always pimpin'
    PunnyShirts.com
    Software Engineer

Global Posts
    1,875 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10.1 / Jelly Bean

I caint find "Fancy Widget" in the Market. Is it available somewhere else?
    HTC made them remove it from the store. Do a search for it on XDA.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

Software Engineer

www.gksmithlcw.com
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    446 Global Posts
    ROM
    frEVO LTE

Anyone having issues with installing some apps from the app market? A few random apps I have tried to install are getting stuck in a download/install loop.

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Anyone having issues with installing some apps from the app market? A few random apps I have tried to install are getting stuck in a download/install loop.
    Now that you mention it- yes. I've had that problem once in the last 24hrs. For me it was FPS2D- still can't get it to install via the market.
    Android evangelist, developer, nerd

Global Posts
    446 Global Posts
    ROM
    frEVO LTE

Quote Originally Posted by mhespenh View Post
    Now that you mention it- yes. I've had that problem once in the last 24hrs. For me it was FPS2D- still can't get it to install via the market.
    It was Vingette for me, took like 3 reboot and many reinstall attempts. And the beta 3 Flash would never install

Default Re: cyanogen release candidate 1 has hit the streets!

It was Vingette for me, took like 3 reboot and many reinstall attempts. And the beta 3 Flash would never install
    I had to uninstall my flash and then manually install the flash apk in order to get it to work. I found the file on the xda forum. There's a thread devoted to cm6 tweaks.

Sent from my iPhone j/k!

ya i wiped everything.... then I restored all my apps with titanium.... i'll try not to restore with titanium thanks
    yeah it got that message because I restored system data in titanium. I reflashed and just restored apps + data or something like that and no more issues for me.

Sent from my iPhone j/k!

ROM
    The 1 with the GEEBEES

Quote Originally Posted by daving313 View Post
    Tried this today....Battery is just killed way too quickly, phone runs real hot. Per the thread at XDA they used the same kernel as the Nexus One, so may have to wait til they put the fix in for that.
    Charge your battery all the way. Reboot into recovery. Wipe battery stats. Reboot. Let it drain till it shuts itself off. Charge it all the way and let it drain again. Your battery will improve. Cyanogen posted that over at xda.

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast