1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default DamageControl 3.5 (Froyo w/ Sense)

In case anyone here doesn't already know, the Damaged ROMs team has a beta program going on with DamageControl 3.5 which is a Froyo based ROM with sense (Yes ... full flash, JIT and all the other stuff you've been drooling over). If you have ever used any Damaged ROMs before you will find all the Damaged goodies you've been accustomed to.

The ROM will be made public once out of beta but if you just cant wait, make a donation to TrevE or Damage and you'll be able to download the ROM immediately.

I'm loving it but I've always been a fan of these guys.

(Once you donate click the "return to donations coordinator" button on the screen and the ROM will download)

(you will need to wait for Damage to email you a link to the download after you donate)

. Use this to track and report issues with the ROM.

this is their website but because the ROM is in beta, there is no mention of it as of yet.
    Last edited by KSmithInNY; 07-27-2010 at 12:06 PM.
    [CENTER][URL="https://plus.google.com/u/0/+KPSmith/posts"]Follow me on Google +
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    2,443 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Root

Quote Originally Posted by KSmithInNY View Post
    In case anyone here doesn't already know, the Damaged ROMs team has a beta program going on with DamageControl 3.5 which is a Froyo based ROM with sense (Yes ... full flash, JIT and all the other stuff you've been drooling over). If you have ever used any Damaged ROMs before you will find all the Damaged goodies you've been accustomed to.

The ROM will be made public once out of beta but if you just cant wait, make a donation to TrevE or Damage and you'll be able to download the ROM immediately.

I'm loving it but I've always been a fan of these guys.

(Once you donate click the "return to donations coordinator" button on the screen and the ROM will download)

(you will need to wait for Damage to email you a link to the download after you donate)

. Use this to track and report issues with the ROM.

this is their website but because the ROM is in beta, there is no mention of it as of yet.
    Yeah I love Damage Roms as well. I tried switching to Fresh and really thought it had a chance, but I eventually came back to Damage. Its nothing like it. I have been debating if I should just wait or donate. Im leaning toward the later and donating. LOL
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: DamageControl 3.5 (Froyo w/ Sense)

If you donate you will be a beta tester for all future Damaged ROMs, not just this one.

These guys have always been my default ROM. DC + DC config battery saver + undervolted kernel + seidio 1750 + set CPU to underclock = 2 days of battery for me

1) How does the DamageControl ROM compare to CM with respect to what works and what doesn't? I'm not TOO interested in comparing stability between ROMs so early in development, unless there is a clear difference.
    2) Does DamageControl have the bluetooth compatibility for keyboards/mouses/wiimotes? I forget, exactly, what this is called.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

1) click the link above for bug tracker.

2) I have not tried but I believe the answer is yes. Cyanogen mod team and a few other developers contributed code to the ROM, I believe the Bluetooth stack is part of that contribution. I'm willing to bet they function pretty close to the same. The only difference being DC has Sense and DC config and DC upater. I have never tried CM so i cannot say with any certainty. Sorry, i love Sense.
    Last edited by KSmithInNY; 07-27-2010 at 11:50 AM.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

I want this!!!! I am trying to make a donation with the TrevE's link but I am unable to. It gives me a fatal failure. Is there another way?

Thanks.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Try damages, I got my email from him about 15 min after donating.

Make sure you donate to both though, they both do great work together.

Edit - Sorry. Links were broken. Fixed now. After you click on a link above just hit "Donate" on the bottom.
    Last edited by KSmithInNY; 07-27-2010 at 12:07 PM.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,933 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I'm also curious to see what the speed difference is between CM6 and this ROM. I'm running CM6 now and I like it but I also kinda miss Sense. If the speed difference isn't that great I might switch to damage control.

Has anybody ran the benchmarks on this ROM yet?

Default rom choice

hey i am relatively new to the whole rooting and rom thing because i just came from the ****ty iphone. I just rooted my evo with the unrevoked3 root process and the recovery that comes with it. should i stick with the root or do another process? and which rom would be best?

Thanks,
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,933 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by PLPOZ311 View Post
    hey i am relatively new to the whole rooting and rom thing because i just came from the ****ty iphone. I just rooted my evo with the unrevoked3 root process and the recovery that comes with it. should i stick with the root or do another process? and which rom would be best?

Thanks,
    unrevoked doesn't allow you to flash ROMs. you need to do the Simple Root method. there are other ways but that's the way that worked for me.

you can search the forums and the instructions are here.

Global Posts
    467 Global Posts

I tried to donate but i can't. Link is down

okay thanks for clearing that up, how do i go about removing the unrevoked3 root?
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,933 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

okay thanks for clearing that up, how do i go about removing the unrevoked3 root?
    I didn't remove the unrevoked root. i rooted on top of it. i don't know if that causes issues or not but I got it done.

Global Posts
    446 Global Posts
    ROM
    frEVO LTE

It looks really cool. I just tried the 3.1 but i could not, for anything, get Titanium backup to install my apps and settings. I'll hold out for the Froyo+Sense version.
    Always pimpin'
    PunnyShirts.com

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts

Any reviews of this? 4G included? Both cameras work? Any details at all? Special random things to do to get it to work?
    Android Supporter

Global Posts
    233 Global Posts

almost everything is working but Bluetooth is not finding anything thats kinda a must for me cause of were i live they just passed the law about driving while using the phone. And there trying to stop people from eating while driving in some of the small towns.
    "live by the Creed"
    PSN id:Jase
    QIK id:jase313

EVO

I tried the 3.1 on the site and keeps sending me into a constant reboot mode from the HTC screen.

Maybe cuz Im on Revoked 3 root?

I actually either did something wrong when I rooted via simple root (I don't believe this is the case) or my phone was already screwed up.... I rooted and installed CM6 Nightly 7242010 and less then 24 hours later my phone just completely screwed up. The screen was no longer recognizing my touch and the desktop started acting as if it we're possessed. I immediately began fumbling between the different ROMs out there to see if anything could be done and none of the ROMs could correct the issue. Thus far DamageControl 3.2 is the most stable of the ROMs I've used... My screen still locks up and I'll lose touch sensitivity, but it's still workable (it'll have to do till I get my replacement....)

Thanks,
    SimpleRoot is the route i went
    List of my current addictions:
    NS4G - Unlocked Stock ROM + Matr1x-v4
    Evo 4g - GB Evo Deck
    Droid Charge - stock ROM