I'm confused on which root process to use.

AndroidAddict

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
So i ran the simple root on my computer. I havent found a how to that tells you exactly what to you. like open folder run simplerootota.exe on computer. i guess they all assume i knew that. anyway. i ran step one and it said this.

===============================================================
Simple Root 1.47.651.1 OTA Edition
Pushing files, PLEASE WAIT!.....
* daemon not running. starting it now *
* daemon started successfully *
failed to copy 'flash_image' to '/sdcard/flash_image': Permission denied
failed to copy 'mtd-eng.img' to '/sdcard/mtd-eng.img': Permission denied
failed to copy 'part1' to '/sdcard/part1': Permission denied
failed to copy 'part2' to '/sdcard/part2': Permission denied
failed to copy 'part3' to '/sdcard/part3': Permission denied

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Make sure you have "charge only" selected when you connect the phone to the computer. You also have to make sure you have debugging mode turned on. Settings-Applications-Development-USB Debugging <---make sure that is checked.

It might take more than one try to get it to push the files. And the last file is the image so it takes a couple of minutes. Trust me simple root will tell you everything to do. When you think it's not working it will pop up telling you to proceed. LOL I got impatient and couldn't wait and borked it a couple of times.

It takes patience and more patience and then more patience. But you'll get there. I saw your particular error message more than once, and then some other error messages after that. Follow the steps, and then follow the trouble shooting steps. Read the thread, if you're getting an error odds are someone else has already had it and posted and got an answer. All my questions were already answered when I read the thread.

AndroidAddict

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
So I followed these instructions...

# Download this file, rename it PC36IMG.zip, and put it on the root of your SD card however you like.

* PC36IMG-1.47.651.1_eng-hboot_RA-1.7.0.1.zip (md5=1ae574c403e9a2694de97706391255c0)

# Power off your phone.
# Hold down the Volume Down and Power buttons until the white screen appears.
# HBOOT will scan the PC36IMG.zip file. You'll see a blue progress bar on the right side of the screen.
# When it's finished scanning, it will ask if you want to start the update. Press the Volume Up button to answer Yes.
# Wait a while for it to flash all the images.
# If you get a "Fail-PU" error on the recovery image, see below.
# When it finishes and asks if you want to reboot the device, press the Volume Up button to answer Yes.
# After the phone has rebooted, delete the PC36IMG.zip file from your SD card.
# Download this file to your SD card:

when the status bar is complete it says checking something i dont remember then it says main version is older
update fail
do you want to reboot device
yes
no

idk whats wrong with everything but nothing seems to work for me

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
^^^what he said^^^ and you can tell simple root to clear the files for you, too. it's under file or something like that (I'm not right in front of it so I can't tell you for sure sorry)

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
So I followed these instructions...

# Download this file, rename it PC36IMG.zip, and put it on the root of your SD card however you like.

* PC36IMG-1.47.651.1_eng-hboot_RA-1.7.0.1.zip (md5=1ae574c403e9a2694de97706391255c0)

# Power off your phone.
# Hold down the Volume Down and Power buttons until the white screen appears.
# HBOOT will scan the PC36IMG.zip file. You'll see a blue progress bar on the right side of the screen.
# When it's finished scanning, it will ask if you want to start the update. Press the Volume Up button to answer Yes.
# Wait a while for it to flash all the images.
# If you get a "Fail-PU" error on the recovery image, see below.
# When it finishes and asks if you want to reboot the device, press the Volume Up button to answer Yes.
# After the phone has rebooted, delete the PC36IMG.zip file from your SD card.
# Download this file to your SD card:

when the status bar is complete it says checking something i dont remember then it says main version is older
update fail
do you want to reboot device
yes
no

idk whats wrong with everything but nothing seems to work for me

I tried those too and then went back to simple root.

AndroidAddict

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Wooohooo

Thanks for all the help everybody. I finally got rooted. I think my problem is I read way too much and got confused with all the different methods. This will be way easier if I ever have to show someone. Now off to the roms, Yay! One last question on simpleroot. If I want to go back to stock could I just run step one again to do a factory restore and erase everything? or will that not work now that I'm rooted?

AndroidAddict

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I have read a little, It just seemed like maybe it would work by using step one on simpleroot. I could be wrong and probably am but I was just wondering.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
the only way I've seen to return to stock, unrooted, is using the method posted in the sticky. if anyone else knows of anyway please post.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer